Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower ??

IronPony

Will this snowblower fit my AC712? I think it will but am not sure about using the hitch for my snow blade to mount it since I don't see a hitch in the picture. Any help would be greatly appriciated.:) Dan

I don't believe that will work on your 712.. I don't think you can get all the pulleys under the hood... I know my uncle tried putting a 3 belt on his 7116 and it wouldn't work....

So this is what a "3 belt" looks like! Thanks for the reply and info. This is on eBay with a snow blade. About 10 hours to go and no bids. No reserve with a starting bid of only $25. It is located in south east WI. Dan

Dan, You're going to be very limited if you want to install a snowblower OEM style on your 712. You'll need a front clutch and the proper hitch. To install anything other than OEM (without a front clutch) will require some fabrication and retrofitting.

This would be a little easier mounting than what I have been going through in mounting a Sears snowblower to my AC716H. If I get a chance to take some pictures this evening, I'll post as a new topic.

This three-belt blower does not have a hitch, at least in the pic. The hitch for these blowers is very similar to the hitch for the 42" "Stiffy"(not a spring trip) plow hitches but a little bit shorter. What you see stretched out towards the back of the blower is actually the drive machanism. Starting at the blower and working back you can see the final driven pulley mounted to the blower. The next pulley back goes almost straight up from the blower pulley. The next one goes down almost directly below the crankshaft that sticks out through the grill, and the last one with the orange handle is actually the one that mounts to the engine. That handle is the clutch engagement lever for this type of blower, which you have to get off the tractor to engage or disengage.... I have two of the three-belt blowers and some parts left from a third, while Dan has the remains of the fourth one I had....

howlanddm, Check out my new topic on "Sears snowblower on AC716H". This should show that nearly anything can be mounted with a little work.