Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Will this work????

Bunky

I found this on ebay its'supposed to be off a 300-400 series Allis Chalmers They say it will fit ona 3400 or 7000 series but both my 3410S and my 7016H have a bigger hole in the one side of the hitch... Will this work?? if so I take it I need additional parts to make it work??

So what is it you found. Sounds like it might be a rear lift attachment, all I know about them new running board gismo's is the 3314 I mostly have, one side of the rear lift had a collared type hole on one end, not sure of the reason for it. MPH

Bunky; the 300/400 do not have the large hole on the left, your 3300 7000 used a cable to lift with and a roller under the frame, I have one on a 3314 parts tractor but no cable I sold it.

Maybe i missing the whole point here. Do you just need replacement to your rear lift? Or didn't you ever have one? The novice that i am thought this part was standard equipment.

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
Maybe i missing the whole point here. Do you just need replacement to your rear lift? Or didn't you ever have one? The novice that i am thought this part was standard equipment.
I don't know for sure but I don't think it was a standard option...But about 99% of all tractors I have seen have them...

I could be wrong but I think all of the foot draggers had them standard, then when the RBT's came about they became an option. Most RBT's I've seen and all three that I own didn't have rear lift on them. I seem to recall a post about a tiller from a 300/400 series not working on another tractor because the rear lift had a different diameter hole and was unique to 300/400 series. I don't think it will work. Hope this helps. Chris

This was in the want adds and suggests that the 300/400 series were different than the 3000 or 7000 series. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/classDetail.asp?id=484

The link worked when I did a post preview, but after I posted I got an error message. I've posted the text of the ad below. ?? Detail of Ad: Trade AC 300/400 lift hitch for 3000/7000 series lift hitch Ad Information Add Number: 4849 Category: For Sale: Attachments & Implements Posted on: 12/30/2003 at 21:41:40 I have a rear lift hitch and rod for the Allis 300 and 400 series tractors. It is in very good condition and could be installed and working in minutes. I would like to trade it for a lift hitch for a AC700 and Simp. 3000 or 7000 series lift hitch and cable. We would each pay the shipping to one another. If I don't have any luck, look for it on ebay soon. Thanks and hopefully Contact Information Contact Person: Orange Contact Email: jnlgroh@redwing.net Location: Bay City, WI Price: $trade Link:

I didn't think it would fit but in the Ebay ad it says it will fit 3300, 3400, 7000, and 7100 Series along with 700 or 900 series... [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2372516950&category=50377[/url]

The 300/400 hitch uses a 1-1/8" rod while all the others use a 1" rod in the hitch. Also the depth of the hole on the 300/400 hitch is shorter (3-3/4" vs 5") than the others. Exception: the last 400's made had the same 1" lift hitch as all the others. I have one of these hitches for the 300/400 series myself, actually have the whole rear hitch assembly. Unless you have the rototiller for 300/400 series with the fatter/shorter hitch shaft, it isn't worth the effort to make it work on a 700/3400/7000 tractor. I would gladly trade what I have for the rear hitch, and cable for a 700/3000/7000/7100 series rear hitch.

Levi..... Almost but not quite, the 3300 series used a lift rod and still retained the counter balanced front/rear lifts found on the earlier tractors. The cable lift was initiated with the 3400 series tractors, along with the cone clutch and other "Improvements"........... BTW, there is a rear mounting shaft that does not have the "lift" part attached. It's nothing more than a length of steel rod with the collars on it mounted where the rear lift will go. What good does that do, you ask?? Well, you can mount a Vac system or the front/rear ball hitch on the shaft and you don't need the lift for that........ I have a 3310 V and several other tractors that came with the shaft instead of the rear lift.........

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
BTW, there is a rear mounting shaft that does not have the "lift" part attached. It's nothing more than a length of steel rod with the collars on it mounted where the rear lift will go. What good does that do, you ask?? Well, you can mount a Vac system or the front/rear ball hitch on the shaft and you don't need the lift for that......
I have had a couple of these tractors.... Always wondered why they were like that.....

Daddycat the one I have is a 3314h and has cable lifts in or on it with the rollers I have taken the cable out of it , and yes it has the cone clutch.

Hello, I'm the one listing this on ebay. It was my understanding that this hitch would fit on the rear end of any 300/400 tractor and 3300 through 7100 tractor. The rod would either have to be modified or a cable routed. I will modify my ebay add to say that the shaft is shorter and larger, but if rod is modified, it should still work for sleeve hitch, rear weight holder and maybe other implement or if you had a 300 series tiller. Does that sound correct? Thanks for the answers to Bunky's questions. John

That is not an OEM 3314. The center PTO engagement lever is unique to the 3300 series because it was the first series to run the lever through the frame but still retained the old belt/idler clutch to engage the PTO. Could it be that someone replaced a hood with one that had 3314 decals?