Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The 'Artic Fleet'

MPH

Kinda took a liking to the name Kirk dubbed my tractors and got my son to take a picture of me with them outside yesterday..

MPH

Good looking fleet there Marty, Looks like you are set up for just about anything the weather can dish out...8D Don't you have a blower for the 725?

Mike, I do have a 3 belt blower that came with the Landlord, but I can only run one at a time anyway. Plan to put the grader blade on the 725 for the half inch stuff we get that builds up over 6 months into deep hardpack that makes spring break up a mess. At 26 below yesterday I didn't feel like messing with it just for a pic before my son took off down the road to New Mex this morning... MPH

Marty, Where is the cab? I don't know how you do it without a cab. If only those cold days, say below -50.:D

Boney, them ther PowrMax are in a class of thier own, otherwise it'd done been fixed by now. Cab would be sweet on the blower, but Carharts and bunnyboots will mostly do me for some time to come. Greg, my tractors don't go outdoor at -50, they don't know to operate themselves and I haven't given serious thought to remote control. Yet. Think the Ags on the 4040 set me back 180 if I recall right. Brought them back up as luggage last winter. They were worth the cost just for the fun of watching people almost walk into things as I pushed them around Denver airport..Free shipping though so that saved the cost of one tire.. Thanks for the kind words on my toys... MPH

'spose you could use the 725 as a "snow gauge" to know which tractor to use. If you can drive 60 feet without getting stuck, use the small blade. If you get stuck within 30 feet, use the big blade. If you get stuck within 10 feet, use the blower. If you get stuck before getting out of the shop, BED DOWN UNTIL SPRING!!

Marty, nice picture and I assume that was 'high noon' winter time shot? Question. In the back ground I am trying to judge how much snow is on the ground. Is that considered average? I have never seen you write or been around if you did mention snowfall amounts.

Real nice fleet. Fun to see your fleet. What's that white stuff. Looks like snow. Can't be in Alaska. Heck if was that cold here, the only way I'd go outside is to sit on the engine block when its running. But, than my wife might get the wrong idea=oops.

Bob,we use to get 2-3 feet per year but the past couple years the snow has been pretty scare. Last year we only got one 6 inch snow and some 'snow showers'. Been about the same this year, though on my trail through the woods it was about a foot. In the background of the pic is about 6 inches as most of it has blowen this year and that a pretty open area. MPH

Marty: Nice fleet! You put us to shame, in that you have four runners. (I'm still one for two...). Do you have inside storage for them, or did they all light off for you at -26F? Do they start easily? Love those ags on the big fella! Is $180.00 for the pair, or apiece? I really envy you your Powermax, and it's nice to finally see a pic of one next to the known size of the "large frame tractors" which don't look so large next to that Bad Boy. Stay warm, my friend! Peter

Pete, I believe the 180 was for both, might have been some shipping to get them from a store in Ill., I think it was, to GrandIsland Ne. in 3 days before I left. Make my 14 by 32 foot shop a little crowded to work on a car in but I keep them all warm now. The B-112 and 725 used to sit outside and with an oilpan heater and all syn. lube they started right up. I rarely use 'em colder then -25 cuz there just isn't a justifiable excuss to do so, sure ain't gonna be fun out, when its cold out one only does the nessary. Robin, if life delt me a flush down the tube where I could only keep one, it have to the 725 I think. Its just such a sweetheart of hard working iron.MPH

Nice fleet Marty..I would thing that 4040 would be the favorite..Those things really look tough I think...Like to have one for myself one day...