Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
prschmn

"Special" plowing trick

prschmn
Anybody else make a foot pedal to operate the hydro-lift for plowing ? I found I was short a hand, only having two and made an easy foot pedal--makes it go much smoother while making those big banks !

HubbardRA
Kirk, Right hand is needed for the hydro stick on the tranny. If it is a 3-speed or shuttle, gears can be shifted with the left hand. Ran into this problem when moving dirt with my AC716H. Didn't notice a problem when using the same blade on the 61 Wards because I could use the left hand for the lift and to shift gears.

RickS
On my 3416H, I need one hand for the lift, one hand for steering, and one hand on the hydro control. The level slips back to neutral if I don't hold it. I am missing a friction ball, but it is too cold (Okay Marty maybe not for you) to work on it outside. Rick.........

UCD
Mark Suggestion Resize your pictures to 640 x 480 and get rid of the symbols and spaces in the file name Read the posts on posting pictures and fixing Red x and diskette. PS. I think I will just start deleteing Posts with the Red x or diskette instead of repairing them as no one can read directions.

MPH
Mark, I'm with you on the lack of hands problem. Been wondering since I got the 4040 why Simplicity never came up with foot controlled hydro. What you did is fine for single control hydro lift but for 2 spool lift, the hdro trans needs foot control. MPH