Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

"Special" plowing trick

prschmn

Anybody else make a foot pedal to operate the hydro-lift for plowing ? I found I was short a hand, only having two and made an easy foot pedal--makes it go much smoother while making those big banks !

Left hand on lift, right hand on steering wheel, right foot on clutch........... What's the problem(unless you're missing one of the above three limbs).....??

Kirk, Right hand is needed for the hydro stick on the tranny. If it is a 3-speed or shuttle, gears can be shifted with the left hand. Ran into this problem when moving dirt with my AC716H. Didn't notice a problem when using the same blade on the 61 Wards because I could use the left hand for the lift and to shift gears.

On my 3416H, I need one hand for the lift, one hand for steering, and one hand on the hydro control. The level slips back to neutral if I don't hold it. I am missing a friction ball, but it is too cold (Okay Marty maybe not for you) to work on it outside. Rick.........

As promised--I hope- a picture. This way I steer with left hand, right on hydro/shifter and left foot for plow lift. I've found it most efficient----

Wow, over 900K flie size.... No wonder it won't upload!! I love this one, it is simplicity at its finest!!

Mark Suggestion Resize your pictures to 640 x 480 and get rid of the symbols and spaces in the file name Read the posts on posting pictures and fixing Red x and diskette. PS. I think I will just start deleteing Posts with the Red x or diskette instead of repairing them as no one can read directions.

Mark, I'm with you on the lack of hands problem. Been wondering since I got the 4040 why Simplicity never came up with foot controlled hydro. What you did is fine for single control hydro lift but for 2 spool lift, the hdro trans needs foot control. MPH