Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hummm another find in my travels...

JamesK

Well went for a drive sunday and stopped to talk to a guy at a mower shop. He goes "hey I got something ya might be interested in". We go out back and there sits a Allis Chalmers dump cart. The way the sun was hittin it it looked white. I would say 85% of the paint was gone but the allis chalmers was still on the tailgate. The sides we heavily surface rusted but overall was solid and straight. fenders were also nice and straight. Said if I wanted it 50 bucks it could be mine. What do ya think, worth it or no??? James K. also going to stop by another shop tomm while im workin and see what he has in his scrap yard of tractors...

quote:
Originally posted by dtsr
That's a good find for $50. Those are really hard to come by.
I agree and I would have bought it then even if I had to go back to pick it up later...

Sounds like a good deal. How about some pictures? I don't think I have ever seen an Allis Chalmers dump cart with fenders.

I think somebody here said the tailgate for that cart cost $60.00. I know if you want to buy top quality Carlisle tires for one they're astromical. The cart is rated for 1,000 lbs. I haven't used mine yet, (need tires) but I'd give $50.00 for one, if it's identical to the Simplicity cart. They dump completely over backwards, I believe, while hooked, or at least way further than most carts, which just tip a little. If it's not rusted thru, I'd take it if I didn't have one already.

Yes I would of taken it too.. I also have never seen a cart with Fenders do you have any photo's??? I would also liked it because it Said Allis Chalmers... LOL