Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 312

thedaddycat

I was helping a friend out tonight who had a pipe fereze and split during our recent sub-zero cold snap. As I was leaving, I saw the guy across the street trying to start a walk behind blower. His neighbor was plowing the driveway with a AC 312, so of course I had to stop and chat a bit. He told me he had tried to sell the thing all year with no luck. If anyone is interested in a 312 just let me know. I'm going to be getting this tractor for the plow but have no interest in these style tractors......

Boy Daddycat you seem to find the deals... I agree the Allis Chalmers 300-400 don't appeal to me and I like Allis chalmers....

For $250 the tractor is yours, the first Club Member to put cash in my hand goes home with it. It's easily worth that in parts, and it obviously runs......... Note: I had originally posted this to Show & Tell, a restricted area, in order to let club members have first shot at it. The topic was moved to Talking Tractors, so I edited it to read Club member. If you're not a club member but still want this tractor it'll cost you an extra ten bucks because you'll have to join the club.........

Morning daddycat! I sure like your approach to getting members.;) Wish I was closer to all you guys in the northeast area. Seems all the good stuff is up there:(! The AC712(16)S that you helped me get out of gear is still running great. I have been real careful shifting gears and no more hang ups with the shifting forks. Enjoy your Day!! Dan

Dan, I'm glad to hear it's still working good. I've locked mine up a few times and had to take the plug out to fix it, but it only happened while "Speed Shifting". You don't know how frustrating it was that I couldn't get it said right so that it was clear... until I remembered the extra tranny parts. Like they say, at 1000 words/pic just a couple of pics saves a lot of typing!!

Kirk, I sure wish I was closer it would fit right into my herd.If we can get it to Oh. from CT. With out too much trouble I would be happy to give that for it.Can you give so details & pictures of condition?

No I don't have it yet but the guy was sure happy to hear me tell him I'd like it. The thing is that we have some more snow on the way and I think he wants to use it one last time. I'll swing by with my truck after the next snow with cash in hand and I'm sure I'll have it in the truck on the way home, with a light pocket to boot...... I'm about as far East in Connecticut as you can go before you hit Rhode Island. I'll let you guys know when I have it in hand.