Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
badcars

anyone tried a chipper/shredder

UCD
I have got two, 1 McKissic Shredder Grinder and 1 McKissic chipper shredder. The Shredder Grinder is set up to be mounted on the rear of the tractor and the Chipper Shredder will be. The difference between them is the Shredder Grinder only has hammers and loads from the top and will only take about ½" limbs safely. The Chipper Shredder has hammers and flywheel with a knife and loads from both the top and side. The side chute will take 2½" to 3" limbs.

Agricola
I have two chipper/grinders. One will be hooked up to the rear of my Landlord this summer. I would be hesitant making one. The speeds of the hammers and the balance needed might create a death machine if not done correctly.

badcars
just curious, do they contain a heavyflywheel of sorts and do they rely on inertia or is it done another way. the others i have seen with their own power seemed to have a very heavy internal mass. just thought it would be a neat project. badcars

dlcentral
We're currently selling one for a fellow,its got a 25 hp Wisc. eng and she takes 8 inch diameter stuff with no sweat at all!,it has a 3/4"X maybe 3.5 ft dia. plate wheel with 2 -6 inch cutter bars on it and is a truck loader type.Whole xmas trees in it are great fun!,,.and they smell so nice mulched up!,,