Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Is there a B in your bonnett?

thedaddycat

Well, I made a deal for this late B-10. It was used as a backup for something like the last twenty years or so, and only had one attachment.

This is the attachment. Oh yeah, I forgot to say it was a backup for the electric grid, not for another tractor!!

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
Wow, looks like a nice find there...Whats the one next to it?
They look like sisters to me.:D

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
Oh, that's just another Landlord........
Nothing major just another Landlord:D He has so many.:)

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
How's your Landlord doing Robin?? Haven't seen any updates on it.. MPH
That is cause there is no updates to report.:(Its sitting in the garage among a heep of other stuff.I need to get started on it but my pocketbook is empty and I'm still trying to figure out where to begin.I need to sell some stuff as well.You can't walk in the garage without tripping over something.There is no room left and the Powermax is under a tarp outside.Put it this way Marty...I spend alot of time scratching my head and looking at it.:o)

If I ever do get started...sore fingers will be an understatment..busted up knuckles,scratches,bruises,and will have to ask for forgivness as well.

Just another Landlord Huh...just how many tractors do you have now??I know at one time not too long ago you said you had 24 tractors...

I guess I still have about two dozen. I traded Reed two-for-one(3415H & 3310 V) to get that B-12 back and Dan got the Jake but now I'm getting the B-10 with the generator so the count's back up one and I should be getting that AC 312 in a few days. I kind of loose count unless I walk around the yard counting as I go.... lol So now I have another problem, what in the world am I going to do with TWO generators??? I mean, you can only hook one at a time up to the house.......... lol BTW, the Landlord isn't mine. Like I said, I made the deal for the B.....

Nice Tractor... I'm not sure what your going to do with 2 generators either... LOL I bid on one of those Generators at an auction last year the other guy wanted it worse then I did..LOL I bid 100 I know that's cheap..

Nice find,looks like someone has swapped the rear tires with a monkey wards squire.You shouldn't have to much problem moving the gen.I'm sure there's a few here that would love to have it.:)

Yeah, I wasn't really worried about how to move the generator if I decide not to keep it. The tires are going to end up on a pulling tractor that Dan's building. He saw them and wants to try them on the clay tracks and for me tires are tires......

I have never seen a tread pattern quite like that. The brand on them is Riverside and all it says for size is 8.00 x 12. Kirk, the B needs gas line and a battery. Its so brittle, when I touched it, it broke off. I put a little gas in the carb, hooked jumper cables to it and it fired right up. I dont know that you ever posted a pic of the other generator.

Thanks Maynard, I learned something new today. But that leads to another question. Since it has a lousy hand paint job and all the numbers are gone, were there any identifiable differences between the B 10 and the Squire 10 to tell me if maybe they didnt swap tires but painted a Squire yellow????

As far as I have been able to tell when comparing my 61 Wards to a 725, there were really no differences. I would expect that this ran true for most of the time that these tractors were made.

I am shocked [:0][:0] Either no one noticed or no one spoke up :( Did no one notice that Kirks new B is sitting next to "just another Landlord" and that my new Landlord is sitting next to a B that I didnt mention? }:) Doesn't that trailer under Kirks B look a lot like the one I pull around New York 400 miles away? }:) And not a soul even axpressed a little bit of jealousy at Kirks having 2 of the hard to find and much sought after generators. 2 different models even. 8D How do you guys expect to sniff out and spot those great deals when the evidence is put up for all to see and you don't see it? |) Please tell me you all spotted it and just were too polite to say so.:o):o) Kidding aside guys we tried to have a little fun with you all and you gave us nothing, Ehh Kirk? This time I shared the "treasure"