Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Latest gonna work this old Ford to death

rokon2813

I still want to know where you guys find a load like that. In the Chicago area, I have not been lucky enough to find more than one or two at a time. And then we pay dearly for them.

John, Its just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.;) A couple months back I bought the "pile" behind an old dealership. Since then they have been doing more cleaning and called me a week or so ago. This load is the used parts from inside the building. I have my fingers crossed in another couple months he will call me again when he has the attic and NOS shelves cleaned up and sorted out.:D:D Other than that guys I am "not at liberty to disclose the details" as of yet. [:0]

So I go and check on eBay and lo and behold there are two tractors for sale at under $5.00 each. Only two problems. They are both Sears and they are both in terrible condition. That is the kind of deal I find around my home. :-)

Does that AC have hydro lift?I don't see a lift lever...I see hydro lift parts in the truck too.. Looks like a good haul to me...My turn for a haul will come someday...I hope

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
...My turn for a haul will come someday...I hope
A lot of us are hoping the same thing.:D;)

mowerman, no hydro. The thumb button is missing from the lift lever so it is leaning back against the seat. I hope the one on the truck either works or is repairable to go on my B 12 eventually. For you guys with the newer style tractors, there may be some engine parts in that pile. Clean decent stuff that needs bearings most likely.

Used Shortblocks

1 New engine that has been dropped and a coulpe fins broken off.

That weight will sure add plenty of traction, but not good for the drivetrain. What size HP is that engine in the last photo? looks to small to fit in a FDT.

quote:
Originally posted by NickStanchak
That weight will sure add plenty of traction, but not good for the drivetrain. What size HP is that engine in the last photo? looks to small to fit in a FDT.
Nick, that looks like a vertical shaft instead of a horizonal...Looks just like my 8hp shortblock I bought for my Broadmoor 717..

If I ever make a haul like that with my f-150 I'm gonna wish I had a 3/4 ton. That is a nice looking old landlord. This summer after I get all my stuff I got last year sorted out, then I'm going to have to put out an Ad to haul stuff away for free. You guys out east sure do have some good finds. Guys that worked for AC when they were here said they rarely sold attachments. I guess since it was rural and everyone had big tractors. It was rare for them to sell even a blade! So you can see how hard it is to find that stuff here now. I consider myself real lucky to have my collection of tractors and implements but I've gone all over the St.Louis area to get them. You can imagine how hard it would be to find a hydrolift unit around here.

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by NickStanchak
Nick, that looks like a vertical shaft instead of a horizonal...Looks just like my 8hp shortblock I bought for my Broadmoor 717..
Sounds like your right, I just noticed theres no oil pan on the bottom, so it can be a horizonal shaft engine.

Yall keep admiring that nice clean Landlord and it could be yours :D that is MINUS the light bar8D. It came with a 42" deck. Supposedly the only thing wrong with it is, previous owner just changed the BGB. He said he put too many shims in?. It was supposed to run but I need to clean the carb first. I poured a little gas in the carb today and it did fire up. It would need some minor tinkering but all in all its about ready to use I think. It actually looks a little better than the pic. The roads were all slushy brown when I brought it home and its too cold to wash off the road spray. Havent tried to determine the year yet but the tag says its a Landlord 101.

Hey Chris, don't feel dishearted looking for a hydro lift in St Louis, I found one on a Landlord, with grader blade, 1 bottom plow, sickle mower, wheel wts, 2 bar chains and 3 belt blower in Northway Alaska. See if you can find that on the map. MPH

I'm a Chevy Person,, But by the loads that you haul and the loads a buddy of mine hauls with his Ford.. I have to say they are some pretty stout trucks... My friend hauls stuff in his Ford 4X4 6cyl 5 speed I would think of hauling in my 2500HD I have seen time I swore the bumper was gonna bottom out going down the road......

I have a F-150 and I put the helper springs on it. I know I've had 2500 pounds on it before, they weighed the load of sand and that's what it came up as......