Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
JimBell

Adding Light to AC 916H

JimBell
I plan to add a third light to my tractor. I am going to mount it on the seat cover and face it to the rear. I plan on splicing the wire from the new light into the wire coming from the front grille lights, resulting in one switch three lights. Is adding a light this simple or am I about to make a big mistake. Do I need to add a separate switch for this third light? Actually I wouldn't mind a switch for the reverse light. How would I do that? BTW the engine is a repower 2001 18hp Kohler Triad but the wire, ignition, solenoid, switches, are original. Any and all help is appreciated.

Agricola
I believe this would work. If you already have a switch, this could replace what you have. One position would be front lights the other would be both front and back. This of course is the bottom view of the switch.

clyde
Just been thinking of adding a light to the back of my Landlord.(After I almost put a hole the size of the counterweight in the wife's car). I plan on a separate switch for the rear lights - might even mount a switch under the sheet metal by the shifter so it would come on when I shifted into reverse.

PatRarick
Wouldn't be a problem to run all three lights from one switch. I added tail lights and a rear worklights on my tractors. Replaced the original ignition switch with a universal automotive headlight swith. Headlights are hooked to the tailight terminal of the switch, tailights to the parking light terminal, and rear worklight to the headlight terminal. Pull the knob to the first (parking light) position and you have headlights and tailights. Second postition (headlights), and you have headlights and rear worklight. This would work for you if you by leaving the parking light terminal of the switch empty. Pat

JimBell
Thanks for the input. I'll go ahead and do it just needed the vote of confidence. I am a newcomer but definitely have the bug, i.e., often day dream about working on tractor, getting new implements, reading discussions, slowing down for anything orange sitting in someone's backyard, being questioned by wife about how she is afraid I might run off on her and live happily ever after with the tractor...

mowerman1193
I just added a rear work light to my Broadmoor 728...I plan to drill a hole in my cheap 9.99 light housing and it will have its own switch right on the light...This way I wont have to go buy any new switches as I have some from parts tractors...

Bunky
I would have to say the the multi position switch is a good idea... Or like mowerman said drill a hole in the Switch housing, If you didn't want to take the dash apart this would be the easier way.....

mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
I would have to say the the multi position switch is a good idea... Or like mowerman said drill a hole in the Switch housing, If you didn't want to take the dash apart this would be the easier way.....
Well I just don't like to make a bunch of holes that are not supposed to be in these old tractors....and I try to keep an original apperance too...The 3 position switch is a good idea too..

Bunky
quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
Well I just don't like to make a bunch of holes that are not supposed to be in these old tractors....and I try to keep an original apperance too...The 3 position switch is a good idea too..
I agree there's nothing I dislike more then something with holes drilled all over it thats why I really wasn't sure I wanted to put the cab on my 7016H but I did only because the rear fenders were already messed up...:(