Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

soveriegn 3212

Les

Just got a soveriegn 3212H..it needs lots of work but i think it will be well worth it. this is a beefy little machine. I can find no referenfe to this machine any where on this site. i find a 3112 and a 3214 but no mention of a 3212H..any body have any info i would appreciate it..i'm calling for manuals in the morning thanks, Joe

Joe, I think Jeff is right about the misprint, I've never heard of a 3214. I think the 3212H was the first hydro but I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong. You should be able to get alot of help from this club if you have any questions about your 3212. Tim

Well now friends I also have a 3212H and I thought it was the first hydro made "but" I looked under "when made" and found that in 1968 there was or is a tractor made with a hydro model # 3112H. Maybe someone can double check as I do need a new pair of "glasses" and I don't mean the one's someone drinks out of either. I get mixed up between the Landlord's and the Sov's most of the time but did they even make a Landlord with a hydro or was the Sov. the first and only one of the older one's with one offered. And "Tim you do a darn good job" of getting your facts write so don't think I am trying to correct you on this one "OK" cuss anyone can correct me at anytime and we all know I sure can and have been wrong more then write. Best to all, >>->happyjack<-<<

Karl_Brandt
You are right happyjack. I have a Allis Chalmers HB-112,made from 1967-68. Same as Simplicity 3112H[A href='http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/falls/5395/index.html']http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/falls/5395/index.html[/a]

Joe, the 3212 was made in 1969 and 1970 I have 2 of them both hydrostatic with hydraulic lifts they are great tractors with plenty of power and muscle. The 3212H is the second model simplicity made with the hydrostatic drive, the first was in years 67,68 model 3112H, not much difference between the two except decals and paint arrangement. Be kind to your transmission and keep it full of fluid if it leaks, also be kind to the axle tube and axle for if they break you will need a entire back half of tractor tear apart to fix. Enjoy Paul

Hi, I bought a new 3212H in 1970, the only mechanical difference I am aware of relative to the 3112 was the "W" belt drive on the mower. When I got mine I was commercial mowing and thought this was wonderful. I immediately ordered pulleys for my 10 hp Squire and changed the pto and mower over to W belts, with some machine work. The ground I was mowing was a 26 acre cemetary with all kinds of hills and banks and waterways. One day I ruined 3 of those belts at about 30.00 each when 30.00 was quite a bit of money. I then converted both tractors to single v-belts. The problem is when you have the mower come up very high over a ridge or low like in a waterway the backing pulls off the belts. On level mowing they last pretty well. I think we have converted all of these tractors in this area to single belts. Good luck, Al