Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
ka9bxg

Got some snow today

ka9bxg
Well we finaly got some snow.I did have to get the bobcat out and move some snow today and I will have to move some more tomorrow .For my part it could have waited for a while.I did try to start the wonderboy 700 but the battery was dead.Tomorrow I will put the charger on it take the tiller off ( I know a little early) and put the big blade on it and see if it will move some snow.I also need it for hauling in some fire wood. Ba hunbug.Winter in Wisconsin. Bob

MPH
Yea me too Bob, been blowin outta the N.W. for the two days with some excuss for snow. Driveway is about blowen shut but as long as Old Glory is standing straight out up there on that 40 foot pole I'll put the dodge in 4-lock to go out. MPH

Ronald Hribar
BOB 30 miles west I had to decide between hand broom or shovel. Took the shovel. If I would have had salter ready I would have used that. I had 10 above this morning, so salt would have worked.

MikeG
Bob, I'm just south of you a bit and we only had about 3" of snow. It blew so hard and made some nice drifts so got to really test the 2210 and 42" blower. She handled it really well, but got to eat alot with the wind blowing, boy a cab sure would be nice. Got to use the John Deere 445 with 48" blower at work, the hydraulic lift is sure nice.

mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
Must be nice Everytime they forecasr snow for us It passes us by or doesn't make it.... Just my luck I got a cab and Now we don't get no snow....
I agree...I did go out last night and play in the 2" we got..need a blade on one of the tractors for this light snow we get...

MPH
Its all about timng guys.. Old Glory laid down long side the pole about 9 am after standing tall for three days, temp, -8...Go get 'em B-112. Found the drive drifted as tall as the front tires about full blower wide. That was fun. Skies clearing and has droped to -13 in the time I was out there...Bet its -40 for morning.. MPH

maxtorman1234
I just got in from blowing the 6-7 inches on the driveway and making paths to the garden from the door. Some drifts were about a 1 1/2feet deep. Hardly made 917 bog down. Its -20°C outside, and it sure is cold when you blow in jeans. Im just happy We finally got snow:D

Tacey
quote:
Originally posted by BigSix
Several inches here and falling, slowly (25 miles north of NYC). 9 degrees F. Incredibly light snow...oughta blow like goosedown....
Same stuff here in Pittsburgh. I used the (GASP) shovel to clear out the driveway!!! Tacey

Jason
I hear you maxtorman1234, we also got a far amount of snow, I put my big 1920H to work and she just smiled and walked right through the snow without any problem. It was storming like crazy yesturday evening when I blew snow, all the while I was getting covered in snow and I keept thinking, Gee I wish I had Nubians cab on my 1920 today! anyway when I got done, my 1920 was completly white with snow and I looked like a snowman when I was done clearing the driveway! One nice thing though I was blowing snow head to head with a Allis D-17 tractor and blower, what a sight two Allis's at work, I wish I had gotten pictures of them working together! Take Care Jason

maxtorman1234
I know what you mean, Me and my father had to haul wood up with the WD45 and my 416 the other day. Sure looked neat together. Now we have a decent amount of wood to burn.

dratkinson
MikeG, There is a hard-sided cab for a John Deere on eBay today if you are looking for one. Think its in Green Bay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2372721776&category=50374 /r David

UCD
Dave The HB-212 is one of those funny starters no choke no throttle, you crack either one and it will not start even in the summer. I am running 5w-30 Mobil 1 in both the HB-116 and HB-212. The diesel will start on 5 or 6th turn if the heat lamp has been on it for about ½ hour full charge battery and clutch pushed in. One of the secrets of starting the diesel is spin it fast. I am using 0w-40 Mobil 1 in the 7790. It has not been above 10° in about 40 days and most of them have been 0° and below. For about 6 days in a row the high for the day was -10°. No January Thaw this year.

We had 8"-10" here yesterday. This tractor cleared 3000+ square feet of driveway and parking areas. It took three hours. I need to improve that time.... bigger tractor, faster or something.... (obviously the rear light is not original or the seat. I'm thinking the white paint beneath the seat was original. Fix that 3112H and I'll put some repairs into this one.) [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/michaelg221/PICT0013_s2.JPG[/img]