Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Bunky

Import Tires?????

Bunky
I put a Set of DeeStone Bar treads on my 7016H the other day when I bought new chains I went to install them they were too long... So I called the place I got them from they said that Import tires run small I had shorten them down and remove 2 cross links... Has anyone experienced the imports being smaller then the USA tire????

HubbardRA
In all my years of pulling, I have never found sets of tires from two different companies that are the exact same size, either in diameter, or width. They seem to vary significantly by company. Probably because of the relatively small market compared to automobiles, and the lack of a speedometer that needs size consistency to maintain calibration.