Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Dozer Blade hitch?????

Bunky

I have a Dozer blade, the hitch is for a FDT I want to use it on my RBT's also... I have been thinking of cutting the lift arm of the Hitch and fabricating newer style that will work on a RBT.. Has anyone done this??? or should I jus tlook for a new hitch??????

The FDT hitch is shorter, but it will bolt right up and work on an RBT. If you want to do a QD (quick & dirty) job, just cut the diagonal hitch support and bend it out of the way so it doesn't hit the RBT frame. I've done it and it works. If you want to do a more professional job, buy some material and get out the torch and welder.

I know it is possible to have one that fits both. I fabricated a dozer/snowplow blade to fit my 61 Wards (adapted a Wheel Horse setup). It also hooks up to my AC716H and works fine, even uses the same lift rod.

I have one that is for a rbt that is to wide for my fdt that maybe we could work out a trade .let me know how wide it is at the mounting hitch and i will measure mine and let you know how wide it is.maybe we could both benifit from this.

Here are the two hitches side-by-side. While the RBT hitch(on the right) is slightly longer as stated above, the biggest difference is that the lift arm stands more upright and is farther forward. This is to provide clearance for the hoods of the RBTs.

There is no difference in the width of the attaching points.

Bud if yours is too wide for your tractor, your tractor must be a small frame? ie, broadmoor, yoeman, homesteader ???? If thats the case, I may have one to swap with you.

I have done this with a little work to fit my 4211. This picture doesn't show it but after I took the picture I changed the mount on the tractor to drop a little lower so the hitch would be at a flatter angle. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/KSever/Dsc00064.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/KSever/Dsc00068.jpg[/img]

So with the FDT dozer hitch on a RBT when angled will it hit the tires????? Also those hitch's above are for snow blades are the Dozer hitch's longer also????

Brian, it's the lift arm that would hit the hood of a RBT when you raise the blade if I'm not mistaken. The plow blades are the exact same blade, not one is a snow blade and another is a dozer. It is the same blade that does both jobs and the name is nothing more than what you're using it on at the moment.....

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
Brian, it's the lift arm that would hit the hood of a RBT when you raise the blade if I'm not mistaken. The plow blades are the exact same blade, not one is a snow blade and another is a dozer. It is the same blade that does both jobs and the name is nothing more than what you're using it on at the moment.....
I realize the the difference in the lift arms I was asking above about weither I should rework mine or look for another...... I miss posted in the post above I meant if I used a FDT Hitch on a RBT if when I angled the blade it would hit on the Tires.....

On the RBTs the hood sticks out in front of the front axle a few inches. I think the hitch is longer so you can still see the plow over the hood, but that's specualtion on my part....

Don't know if this will help or not. But this is the picture of the hitch I modified, along with a mount I made for the hitch on the 4211. As you can see in this picture I lowered the hitch mount since the I took the last pics. The blade is turned and the plow hitch is in the lifted position. Just takes a little time to figure out which modifications to do which way.

rokan2813 the one i have is just like the one on the left that daddycat shows . and yes i do need one to fit by 637 yeoman and 707 broadmoor