Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cost Effective Tractor/Attachment Transportation

Tacey

This post might be a good candidate for inclusion in the "Frequently Asked Questions" forum. I know much discussion has happened in the past. I searched for a post with no luck. What has been the best way to ship tractors or attachments? I need to ship a tiller attachment. It weighs about 100 pounds. Anyone have a tried-and-true carrier to recommend? Thanks, Tacey

quote:
Originally posted by Tim_S
Pilot air freight is good. Also UPS will ship up to 80lbs. if you can easily somehow break it up. Good luck!!
Both UPS & Fedex will ship up to 150 pounds.

How do prices stack up? I would think the UPS/FedEx route would cost more. Discussions had centered on trucking companies before. Tacey

Tracey, Many trucking companies will only deliver to a business or a trucking terminal. In some cases the trucking company will not off-load the item for you. Delivery is tailgate to tailgate. Fedex, UPS, and the like will pick up and deliver to private addresses. I would recommend you use Fedex or UPS. I would follow Dutch's advise, I know he ships many items out. Rick...........

Tacey; Try Freightquote.com They are a broker company who use many different freight companies to get the best rate. On some of my large stuff I recommend them to my customers and have seen 3 or 4 different companies pick up here through them. I dont know what the prices are because the customer pays them but I did have a customer pay shipping on a snowblower from Western New York to Maine. I cant imagine the rates were too high if he thought it was worth the shipping after buying the blower on Ebay. For reference, A 120# rear end from here to Wisconsin by UPS is $90 While a 70# mower deck to Indiana was $32 by UPS As the weight goes up so does the rate bigtime.

Try R&L Carriers they will deliver to a residence for $30 extra and all of there trucks have a hyd. lift on the back. If you use FedEX try ground or freight its a little slower but cheeper.

One other thing to consider. UPS and FedEx will go up to 150#,as long as the box or item is not oversize. Have you tried here?http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/haulquery.pl

I had A 38" Lawn Revitalizer shipped to me from Wisconsin. I couldn't believe it that U.P.S. would ship it. Well they did, their weight limit is 150 lbs. My shipping cost was about $65.00 and I would say the Lawn Revitalizer is similar in size to a tiller. You just might have to disasemble it a little to condense it. Check them out and you will be quite happy with their service. Don't forget to get a tracking number so you know when it will arrive.