Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Center Mount Grader Blade Hitch

john-holcomb

Thanks to Dutch I have a set of plans and have been able to quote hitches for the fine blade he offers.A complete welded hitch with the blade pivot pin and angle setting pin but no paint will sell for $90 plus freight. A kit with all the fabricated parts, bending, and holes but no welding will sell for $60 plus freight from Baldwin MI 49304. I have made a couple of small changes to the material sizes 3/16 thick to 1/4 and 7/16 to 1/2 just to be able to use common material on several parts. I need to make 10 to get this price the next jump that would lower the price would be 30, at about 100 I could use the robot to weld them and the price would really drop. the parts would all be made on CNC equipment and would be dead nuts accurate. If there is enough interest I will proceed so let me know either here or e-mail me at holcomb@t-one.net Thanks and I hope this helps you guys. John Holcomb8D

John, I'll commit to one kit of parts and if you get close to getting to the next tier for pricing I'd even take two to help get you to that point. If the response is going to hit that "Magic 100" I'd take them already welded...

John, I like a man of action............ Just do it, that's the spirit........ ;) There shouldn't be any problem with slight variations in material. I've done that myself with some of the hitches I've made. That's a very reasonable price. I predict you'll be getting many orders.

I would think a few pictures of the finished product would sell a lot more of them. I know I would like to see what I was Ordering.

I will put some pictures on as soon as I get them done. I will order the material on monday and should have it to the shop on tuesday. I was only hoping to get a rough idea of how many to build in the first run, I am orering enough material for 20 but may only make up 10 to start.Most of the 1/4 inch parts will be made on the high def. CNC plasma so I will just burn the whole sheet and stock the extra parts. Look for pictures in about a week.For what its worth I have never had a complaint in 10 years of making Oliver parts. John

Maynard, I certainly can't speak for John, and I'm NOT. But the way I see it, John claims he can make these hitches to OEM specs. Don't we all know what an OEM hitch looks like? If not, there are photos and renderings in Simple trACtors. Now the catch....... John can't post "few pictures of the finished product" until the hitches are made. John can't make the hitches (at an affordable price) until there are sufficient orders to mass produce the hitches. Do you remember when I first took orders for the blades? There were no blades, not even a picture. Members who sent me money trusted only my word. I trusted the factory. If the factory let me down, I would have given everyone a refund and the factory would have had to deal with me. Thankfully, the factory did what they said they were going to do, I did what I said I was going to do, the members did what they said they were going to do, and everyone was happy.

John, Put me down for one of the complete welded hitches. IMO, we should give you at least a couple of weeks or so to take orders, before beginning your material ordering and fabrication. It's only been about 25 hrs. since you first posted the offer with prices. Surely no one is in that big a hurry for a hitch. Seems we could all benefit by seeing if you could get enough orders to at least hit the 30 mark.

John, If you make 10, I predict you will sell them all right here. If not, I'll buy however many are left over, package them with a blade and sell them on eBay.

quote:
Originally posted by dutch
John, If you make 10, I predict you will sell them all right here. If not, I'll buy however many are left over, package them with a blade and sell them on eBay.
I will have to agree with Dutch you shouldn't have any problems selling them right here... And Dutch that would be a nice package your serated blades and I hitch to go with it......:)