Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
tacomac

carb. problem on 18 hp onan

tacomac
The engine runs 30 seconds and dies. I suspect the float it not letting enough gas in the bowel. Does anyone know how to set the float on this engine. I bought a new brass float to replace the fiber float and it came with a little spring to help lift the heavier float,but I still have the same problem as with the old float.

tractormike
I had a kind of similar problem with a 16 horse onan but I found the problem was the fuel pump that on my engine was bolted onto the front of the carb. I had another carb that did not have the fuel pump built on to it so I put that carb on and added a small electric fuel pump to the tractor and it has run perfect since.

tacomac
Thanks Mike This engine has a small fuel pump that bolts to the side of the engine, but the gas seems to have a good stream out the hose at the carb. inlet. I think the fuel pump runs off of a vacuum hole that the tube from the fuel pump gos into the side of the engine.