Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

two scores today

badcars

won a complete 2110 on ebay in GA. the price $25. and it even has the hydro lift intact, i just have to go pick it up next weekend. looks a little rough , but most of them do when you bring them home dont they. wentr to the county recycling center to get rid of some cans and scrap, they were about to throw a wonderboy in to the crusher. well i couldnt let that happen. backed my truck over to the guys and we just rolled it into the bed of mine. man that was a close one. a few more minutes and it would of never seen the light of day again. wife made a big joke out how you can go to the dump and come back with more that you left with. dad wanted a smaller machine to go through his gates and easy to load/unload. this wonderboy jewel looks like the ticket. there you go two scores, $25, about 5 hours apart....cool!!! badcars

Badcars, My wife has said the same thing about me for years but I finally taught her the difference between junk and stuff. Junk is what you take to the dump and stuff is what you bring home to make things out of. Sometimes there is a very fine line between junk and stuff but it takes a trained expert to know which is which. Congrats on your new toys, have fun with them!

quote:
Originally posted by tractormike
Badcars, My wife has said the same thing about me for years but I finally taught her the difference between junk and stuff. Junk is what you take to the dump and stuff is what you bring home to make things out of. Sometimes there is a very fine line between junk and stuff but it takes a trained expert to know which is which. Congrats on your new toys, have fun with them!
I agree with you...last time I took a load of scrap in I spotted a rear lift counter weight with the collar weight on it..Throwed it in the truck and went back to the scale to weigh and still left out of there with $15 and the weights,LOLI have brought a few tractors and attachment home like that...Sometimes I wish I lived next door to the place...But the scrappers would probably get my house mixed up with the scrap yard,LOL

no pics of the wonderbiy yet with the kids birthday patry this weekend and all. ill post some when i get to it. trust me its pretty rough, say under a house in a dirt basement for 10 years acording to the dude i got it from. badcars

Now the question is what model of a wonderboy is it? I just picked up another wonderboy 575 lots to do on it. All but the hood is there.With hoob caps in the rear.Bob

quote:
Badcars, My wife has said the same thing about me for years but I finally taught her the difference between junk and stuff. Junk is what you take to the dump and stuff is what you bring home to make things out of. Sometimes there is a very fine line between junk and stuff but it takes a trained expert to know which is which.
Exactly! And everyone knows ya gotta get rid of the junk,to make room for the stuff!:D Great saves Badcars.Karma was definately on your side.

got no hood, bu tall i can really tell about it is that it it the steering wheel type. couldnt of been the joystick model, im no tthat lucky, ive never tried to drive one , id probably end up through the fence. looks like about a 5 horse or so. ill let you know more when time permits. later badcars

I looked at the 2110 on Ebay, I was down in ga all last week (about 45 minutes from forsyth) but didn't see enough there to go by. I looked at the ebay pic. and don't see a hydro lift. Did I miss something? Also a neighbor of my aunts had a joystick wonderboy, are they uncommon and worth somehting?

The joystick Wonderboys was the first ones to come out..I think late 50's...I don't think they are real uncommon but with out a doubt there are less than the steering wheel ones..There seems to be more interest in the joystick ones though...Like to have one myself...

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
Also a neighbor of my aunts had a joystick wonderboy, are they uncommon and worth somehting?
Two sold on ebay in the last week or so from Greensboro. I think they went for $60 each...not real sure about one though,.. sometimes CRS happens.

Gotta love finding stuff!! I need to hang out with you! I may acquire a 61ish 725 later this week...possible more stuff on the weekend...ill keep you all posted!! 73 jay