Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Where to find clips for mounting tractor panels?

I'm looking to find the clips which hold tractor panels in place when bolting to the frame. Does anyone know if these are available?

These are available, I picked mine up at my local hardware store. They can also be ordered I know from McMaster Carr. Called a Cage Style Panel Nut [img]http://www.mcmaster.com/param/images/nuts/90680a115a.gif[/img] [url]http://www.mcmaster.com[/url]

They are avaliable at most any bolt supply house. Diff. names across country. Just brought home about a hundred last week.

First, what are the different sizes of these caged nuts commonly found on our tractors. Second, anyone tried using dzus buttons instead?

I buy all of mine at McMasters.com when you buy them in bulk there only a couple of bucks, they ship really fast ,I had my stuff in 2 days.

quote:
Originally posted by callwill
went to 2 lowes in rochester ny. No such item.
I bought the last they had at Arnolds Auto in Albion. They are a carquest dealer. They had them in the body panel hardware. Batavia should have some somewhere. I cant remember who is the carquest in Batavia but try the older stores that have been there a while. Napa in Albion might even have some. They been there on main street forever.

I checked yesterday when I was there to pick up some bolts, and my local hardware store (True Value) has the clips in various sizes.

Rekon, Is the restaurant in Batavia that gives you the meal free if you can eat the whole thing still there? I was with a man once who ate 4 standing ribs and got his free. Don't remember the name of the place. Thanks,