Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
johnerj

Snow Thrower Hitch

johnerj
Here I am asking for help again. I have a 6216 looking for a snowblower hitch. I have a 42'' snowblower on my Landlord and would like to put it on the 6216. I found these 2 hitches on EBay and don't know the correct one to purchase. I read somewhere here that the 6200 and the 5000 series were the same except the 6200 was a bit longer. Any help would be appriciated. I did contact the sellers, but they do not know the details. They tell me they both fit. I did some measuring and seams the one with the measurements would fit, but now I see the other hitch has an extra pully, do I need the one with the extra pulley? Thanks John

Dutch
John, I know next to nothing about the smaller tractors, so I don't want to guess and provide you with misinformation. What I would suggest is that you refer to the parts manual for the proper hitch for your tractor and compare measurements, components, etc.

johnerj
Thanks Dutch, I did this also. It shows 2 different hitches but does not have any measurements. It does not even show a good picture of the blower on the tractor. That would help a lot. I remember someone here saying that the hitch for the 4000 and 5000 series is too short. I have a few different manuals for the snowblowers and tractor, but they do not have an overall diagram or picture. I think I would be able to tell simply by a good picture. Thanks John

RedbarnRick
The hitch on the bottom is number 1693500, I used this on my 98 landlord tractor with electric pto and a hitch tube. The electric pto is needed if you look you see a crank that keeps constant tension on the belt so when the pto is electrically engaged it runs the blower. The one on the top (with measurements) has two numbers 1690556 & 1692237 and fit 5000 and 6000 series tractors without an electric pto, there is a lever on the left side that attached to the pto lever on these tractors and spring tension tightens the belt in the same way as the mower deck. Hope this helps.

Mel_W
John, The top pic. is a perfect fit for the 6216, the only thing that is shorter or longer is the pivot mount that slides over the wish bone pivot. Here the 5000 uses a short one and the 6000 is an inch longer. Mel

johnerj
Orangeone, You bet I know by now. Money WELL SPENT. And you guys don't quit, still getting good input even after Ricks help. THANKS MEL_W. for the reasurance. Think I will end up monting it on the A/C 616 Special hydro, it is the same as my 6216. At least then I will have 3 tractors I can mount it on. Just in case. 6216, A/C 616 special Hydro, and the Landlord 2012. I will go for it on ebay. You guys are GREAT Again Thank You all John