Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rims?

CarlH

One of my backburner projects involves getting some ag lug tires for the rear wheels of my Sovereign(s). I have been looking on eBay for a spare set of rims. Obviously, there are brand X (JD, Cub, etc) rims for the 5 lug, 23 x 10.50 x 12 tires that are on my Sovereign. Are there differences in offset which would limit my choices to only Simplicity rims?

I can only answer that I bought a set of rims that came off a JD as spares for my Big Ten. The only difference was in color. The offset was exactly the same.

Yes, from what I've seen, as long as you are buying the same size rims with the same number of mounting holes, they are all the same.

If I'm not mistaken, the rims from Cub Cadet's have the hole for the valve stem on the opposite side of the rim from most others....if that makes a difference to you.

Carl, There is a difference if off-set between brands but the bolt patterns are pretty much all the same. I put some yellow JD rims on a 3416H for the same reason as you. The turf tires BARELY cleared (and they were UGLY so I got rid of them. I decided to keep looking for Sim/AC's. Haven't found any extra sets of Simplicity 10.50's. Come across some sets of 8.50's though if you're interested. Brent [img]/club34/attach/Brent_Baumer/transaxle.jpg[/img]

I have a set of Cub Cadet rims with 8.50 tires on one of mine. Wheels were exactly the same, just had better rubber, so I swapped them before trading the Cadet off. I made the set of 10.5 rims that I have from a set of 6.5 rims. Cut them apart with a jugsaw and welded in a band to make them wider. overlapped the pieces and made the band wider to accomodate the overlap. All of the weld is inside the tire.

I have at least three sets of extra rims from landlords and sovereigns that I have parted two sets I know are very nice. $20 a rim if anyone wants them. I will take the tires off and charge actual UPS from 49431

I picked up a set of rims locally, manufacture unknown. One had a 23 x 8.5 x 12 tire. I ordered a set of lugs off E-Bay the same size. I will be putting them on a 6216 that has 23 x 10.5 x 12 on it now. Will it matter that the offset (I think the new rims will put the tires out about an extra inch) is different. Don't want to put any extra stress on the rear.