Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
maxtorman1234

412H

maxtorman1234
Hi, I know where I can get a 410S. I was also thinking, since I like the style and not the shuttle transmission, Maybe I could switch it with the sunstrand hydrostatic from my 712H. I would also have to put the engine in and various other parts. The only problem, other than the hook-up for the controls, would be that there are 8 bolts holding the transmission on now, but the one on my 712 has only 4. Would this make any difference? How do you think it would work? THanks,

HubbardRA
I have both an old 410S and a 712S. The trannys look the same, just the mounting plates are different. The mounting plates that bolt to the sides of the 410S may bolt up to the Sunstrand Hydro, but I can't swear to it. I'm sure that with a little modifying, you could make it work. I also have a 716H, but I really can't tell if all of the holes are in exactly the same places. Pouring the rain today and two of the tractors are sitting outside. Difficult to tell just by looking anyway.

maxtorman1234
THanks, Since I can't sell the 712H, Im going to take the 12HP and sunstrand hydro and put it in the 410 frame. I will have to take the rear end and put the gbg in it from my 310, then I will have a running 310, 416,412H, 917, and parts 712.