Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Missed it by 10 seconds.

DavidG

Just attended the big annual swap meet that our antique engine and tractor club puts on every year, that runs from Thursday to Sunday. Was looking down one row and saw what looked like a B1 ahead. Instead of heading straight for it, I decided to look at a small engine that was nearby, only looked at it for a few seconds, but in that time someone else also spotted the B1. It was then a race. He was too far ahead of me and arrived at the B1 first by only a few feet. I waited patiently hoping he would decide he didn't want it, but the price was too good to pass up. There was a price of $55.00 written on the hood, and this guy offered the owner 40 bucks, which the owner took.:( I hate it when that happens! Simps. and A/c's are not too plentiful down here, so you need to act fast when you see one for sale. I guess I learned that sometimes seconds can make the difference. Anyone else have a similar incident happen to them? Dave

Sorry Dave.Like Tom another will come along.You might want to check this site.Hope it helps.Click on parts then your state. www.adeptr.com

Here are a few "He who hesitates" quotes. Take your pick: He who hesitates is lost. He who hesitates is sometimes saved. He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from the next freeway exit. He who hesitates gives somebody else time to jump in and make a fool of himself. He who hesitates may see more clearly the way to go.

Sorry to hear you missed it:( I also hate it when I miss stuff like this... I used to do the same as you did here, see something that interests me then wait til I get there now I got straight for it and have to back track to where I left off... I guess this way I see stuff at different angles.. LOL

Yeah, I know , There'll be others . It's just that waitin' part that I don't like. Stormy , thanks for reminding me about that website. I had forgotton about that one. Put it in my favorites this time so I wouldn't forget again. Dave

Youre too nice I would have offered the owner more,,maybe 60 bucks??.At a local auction here last yr I couldnt wait for them to sell a lot of about 6 AC SIM throwers,,I found out later they all went for 40 bucks,rrr!

You Are very Welcome.Something I tried yesterday may be a option for you as well.We have a free shopper that you can pick up at any store around here so instead of reading through all the ads..I went online to look at the lawn and tractor ads and what did I find..A B10 local.I had to pass though the price tag took my breath.$800.00 not that it wasnt worth it just empty pockets.:(

That never happens to me...I hardly ever have any extra cash on me anyway...Got lucky last year though as some guy had a Broadmoor tiller marked $20 paint still on the tines...I looked it over and he said he didn't know what it was for but if I could use it make him a offer... I wanted to offer him $15 but I only had a 20 or a 10 and 3 ones told him I was wanting to offer 15 but only had 13,LOL.He said give him 10 and go buy myself a coffee as it was cold and raining...I don't think that tiller ever been on a tractor...