Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
72ac410

problem with snow plow

72ac410
when i plow snow with my deutz allis the blade only lifts about 2 inches off the ground.it is a hydraulic lift blade and i'm wondering if i can adjust it to make it lift higher.when i plow it will only plow so much and it keeps getting deeper.if it would lift higher i could kinda drive and push the pile.if anyone can help me please tell me what to do.

ROBBYDOB
It's depends on the type lift rod you're using, does it have the tension spring and locking collars? Or a turn buckle on the bottom? If you can make the rod shorter by adjusting it, you would get more lift. If you're handy, you can do what Dutch did with his, then you can have more motion all together.

72ac410
its a 1918 ultima.the blade is a 48 inch i think.the only good thing is the blade was brand new when i got it.i used it three times so far.might sell it someday now that i got the big ten and snow blower running.

UCD
If you have the spring loaded adjustable lift rod this is the adjustment proceedure for it. This is on a blower but same proceedure for plow.

If you have the solid lift rod for the Sunstar down load this installation manual for the dozer blade [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_200_3323_00_AT_SMA.pdf[/url] OPERATOR'S MANUAL - 46" Dozer Blade [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_3331_00_AT_S.pdf[/url]

72ac410
thanks maynard.i will try it as soon as it warms up some.i would keep it if i had the room.i have a john deere 212 with 42" plow,allis chalmers 410 with 46" plow and a 46" plow and snow blower for the big ten.the best tractor i plowed with before the deutz allis was the 410.that thing could plow snow,but it's all ripped apart to be painted.motor rebuilt should get that this weekend but its to cold to work on anything.