Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Easier Snow Clearing

Dutch
When I became a tractor collector rather than a user, I decided I didn’t want my prized and valued equipment exposed to inclement weather. So, I bought Judy a 525 “Stick Steer” Wonderboy. Unfortunately, the Wonderboy couldn’t handle the snow during last year’s blizzard. As I sat next to the cozy fireplace sipping warm cocoa, my heart was heavy as I looked through the window watching Judy shovel snow by hand. Plus, it took Judy so long she was late preparing my dinner. Then I had to listen to her complain about a sore back. I thought there must be a better way. There was! Now Judy can clear the snow from the deck and sidewalks in addition to the driveway with that cute little Wonderboy blade. This was Judy's Christmas present with a fresh coat of paint and new pneumatic tires. Judy always said she enjoyed homemade gifts because they have love in them. She must have told the truth because when I gave it to her and said she was getting too old to shovel snow, she ran from the room in tears. For photos, check out the "Rolling Push Blade" topic in the Show & Tell forum. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/shovel.jpg[/img]

Never have i heard of such love and devotion. Your post moved me Herb.
quote:
As I sat next to the cozy fireplace sipping warm cocoa, my heart was heavy as I looked through the window watching Judy
Tears are welling up.
quote:
This was Judy's Christmas present with a fresh coat of paint and new pneumatic tires
What woman wouldnt be elated!!!!!!
quote:
Then I had to listen to her complain about a sore back.
Dont you just hate that? Your to Much Herb:)

Roy
Dutch, Do I recall that you have your own bedroom separate from Judy's? If so, do you suppose that has anything to do with this post? Just wondered if there is a possible correlation. No harm intended. Just good natured fun. Cheers,

D-17_Dave
Herb, I'm always doing things like this for my wife. Like when I got me my HB212. So when I was rideing she would have less to do with the reel mower than when I used my 207-D. Seems like they just Want,Want,Want. And I just Give,Give,Give.

andy gartner
Sore back huh? Yes, I bet Judy's looking through your "PRIZED AND VALUED" tractor collection right now Dutch... ... picking out her 50% and what she'll use next year to clean the drive at HER 'new' house. Enjoy that warm fire and cocoa...:)

slb04786
That brought back some memories. Years ago when my wife and I had been in our own home for about 2 long winters. I had worn out the little walk behind and the plow truck couldn't keep the long driveway open on those windy Maine winter nights. I was traveling to a service call and found a farmer who had a Farmall 460 tractor for sale. I immediately had visions of mounting my plow on this tractor to push snow with. So I stopped and the price was right so I bought it. This was on Nov 2. My wife's birthday is Nov 3rd. So I had my uncle follow me home while I drove the tractor home. Told my wife it was her birthday present. About 4-5 weeks later I was on the road again and saw a 6.5' 3 pt hitch snow blower that would mount on the back of the tractor. You guessed it. It was her christmas present. Through the years I have brought it up on several occasions about how ungrateful she has been to have never once gotten on that tractor or ran the blower to clean out the driveway. She hasn't put the "cold steel" to me yet, but I have learned to sleep with one eye open. She does admit that it was the best money I ever spent that we didn't have.