Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
D-17_Dave

Still No Snow

D-17_Dave
Almost the end of Jan. and still not enough snow to put the blower on.[:0] As a matter of fact, I've still got the DECK on. Figure I might use IT before I get use my blower if the weather doesn't cooperate. What's a man supposed to do?B):(

maxtorman1234
We got our first snow a little while ago, have roughly a foot in most places now. COuldnt wait to use the blower, Now I wish we didnt have as much so I could drive my 310 around more^

tractormike
Bunky, I'm sure that having all that equipment ready is the cause of the lack of snow. I got one tractor all set up with a blower,weights, chains last year and we didn't get hardly any snw till late in the season. This year in addition to the blower tractor I have a 2010 with a blade on it. So far here in Wisconsin we have had one 5 inch snowfall and that is it.

HubbardRA
This is why I got the Sears blower mounted on my AC. Figured that if I had it ready to go, then, because of Murphy's Law, it wouldn't snow any significant amount for the next five or so years. Just the way it is in VA. Like a friend said. He bought a generator in 94 and didn't have a real need for it till the hurricane of 03. If it doesn't snow, then the blower is well worth having.

jrosenboom
I haven't played with my toys this year either. As a matter of fact, I can count how many times I've used them in the past three years on one hand! I've only been collecting them for about 3 years now. I feel like I'm missing out!!

Karl_Brandt
We had our first snow only a few weeks ago and have almost a foot in some places now. Can't wait for more snow to try out my Deutz-Allis with snowblower and new snow cab.:D:D I had the toys out a couple of times to clean the snow this year.^;) [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl

Gary
We haven't had much snow here in West Central Ohio, either!:( I purchased a 36" blower this past summer...then, put on an electric lift in November. Just my luck. Last year, at this time, we had more snow than we knew what to do with.

mowerman1193
I think I may have to start practicing my old habits of going out in the middle of the blizzard to mount blade or blower ect...Ever since I started getting ready ahead of time I don't even use it...Maybe I should take the cab and blower off and mount the mower back on,LOL

Jason
We got nearly a foot of snow where I live in Ontario Canada, I had to blow snow all last week, and might be going back out today to clean up my driveway a little more.Thursday I was blowing snow with my 1920H Agco Allis and 2 stage snow blower, and it was storming like crazy out, I sure wish I had Nubians cab on my 1920H last week, also on Thursday my 1920H got stuck in a snow bank, and fortunatly a nice neighbour pulled me out with his Allis - Chalmers WD- 45 and blower. It's nice have good nighbours, now I will help him out if he ever get's into trouble. I understand how you feel though, at the end of December 2003 we had no snow at all and I was getting tired of waiting and was going to take the blower off and put the mower deck back on, but that changed when old man winter droped a ton of snow on Hensall Ontario Canada.hopefully you guys will get snow, maybe Febuary will be your month? Take Care Jason

D-17_Dave
Jason, looks like I spoke tooo soooon. They changed it to an ice mix. So I 'll just half to see.I think my time would be better spent sharpening the blades for the deck and getting ready for spring.