Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vaccum hose

dads707

I just picked up a vac that fits on the rear of my Broadmoor 728. It has the Briggs 5 hp, but the hoses need to be replaced. I searched and found the topics from last fall where Ihoz was recomended (sp). I can't get to their web site. I remember one of the members here bought a bunch and parted it out. I am in no hurry for this, I've got all summer to get this put together. I've also got to rig my cart to hook to the vac and catch the stuff. Thanks....

Thanks, I needed to buy an S. This stuff is expensive, going to cost me more for the hose than I gave for the vac. Not complaining too much, I just had to have it!!

Very expensive, i used 7" hot air galvinized for the inlet and 6" drain pipe for my vac last summer and worked great. See pic in my profile/gallery, completely coustum made. Painted it black and may have $15 in the vac hose insted of almost $100. Works great..

I got a 5' or so piece of 7" hose for free from a local sheet metal shop off his scrap pile. It was too short to do him any good but works great for me. Ihoz was too pricey for me too. Brent

I needed some 6"hose for an EZ Vac blower.I found it locally at a place that makes and stocks hydraulic hoses,fittings,etc.

Hi You should be impressed with the results that a vacum does to your lawn when you are sucking up grass clippings or leafs. Once you put one on, you will not want to take it off, I have one mounted on behind my 1920H with it's own engine and it does a great job sucking leafs, I pull a trailer behind my 1920H and the vacum blows the leafs or grass clippings into the trailer, which is made up of plastic and plywood sides for now. I will try and post pictures of my tractor vac later on in the future. The only bad part about my vacum system is the hoses. I spent around $100.00 Canadian on houses for the vacum, and they told me their hoses were the best in the industry, well guess what is happening, the hoses are wearing out and small holes are occuring in the pipe. I will have to replace it in the spring oh well. Take Care Jason