Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
D-17_Dave

620-720???

ikipp
Great question. Both use onan. 16.5 or the 19.5 horse. I think the later models had a bit heavier steering set up. (not sure yet.) I'll be watching your post here, cuz I want to know the answers to the same questions your asking.

Vic
Kipp, I think you had posted this same or similar question as I recall? Basics are that early models 4040/616 had the 16.5 Onans which main difference of the later models with 19.5 4041/620/9020/720 was the intake system and charging systems. As I recall these later models had heavier rear axel/bull gears. The 4041/620 were not much different than the 9020/720's other than decals and other cosmetics. Later model 720/9020's had heavier front spindles and steering arm. Main option on these to look for were 3-pt,rear PTO and dual hydraulics to be able to independently run front/rear implements.

chivic
Dave, Go to this site and you can find out all the differances between brands (simpliciy/allis) and models (616,620,720,9020). I hope this helps.I have an AC 616. It has a 16.5hp Onan with single piont hydraulics. The 620 is the exact same tractor with the same engine except it has a different intake and carb and is rated at 19.5hp.It also has dual piont hydraulics meaning you can opperate the front and rear hydraulics seperately.On the 616 the front and rear hydraulics run up and down together.Also, the AC 616 is the same as the Simplicity 4040 and the 620 is the same as the 4041.I think the only differance is the hood, but I'm not positive. I don't know much about the 720 or 9020. You can read all about them on this site though. It's a good place to be! http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/simplicity.htm