Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Landlord seat repair ideas needed

MPH
The two front rubber mounts on my Landlord are torn loose. I can see they are bolted to the seat/fender pan but how are they mounted to the seat? What makes a good auto parts available replacement? The foam is still in pretty good shape on the seat though the cover is long since frozen into rags, an old sweatshirt fixed that. Thanks for any ideas.. MPH

Tom_Byrne
I'm not positive, but I think they are glued on. Seems to me there was a post about this not long ago but I can't find it. As far as the seat cover, someone has been selling them on eBay recently for around $25.00. They look pretty good.

UCD
Marty There is a bolt on both ends of the rubbers. I believe they are still available. I got some last summer from Sandy Lakes Imp. These are some of the part#'s part# 159083, Part# 159085, Part# 157094 or Part# 1666744 connector cushion.

PatRarick
The rubber mounts are all over, if you know where to look. For example, MF or Snapper used these as engine mounts in the 1655 and 1855 tractors. Same size bolts, but slightly larger rubber diameter. Not sure what they are used for on Deere, but I got four of them in a box of NOS 110 Deere parts. Same size bolts, but a slightly SMALLER rubber diameter. Both the MF and Deere part numbers are good as yet. Will post the Deere part number this evening when I come in from the shop. Pat

Bunky
quote:
Originally posted by PatRarick
. Not sure what they are used for on Deere, but I got four of them in a box of NOS 110 Deere parts. Same size bolts, but a slightly SMALLER rubber diameter. Both the MF and Deere part numbers are good as yet. Will post the Deere part number this evening when I come in from the shop. Pat
What use Green parts on a Simplicty or Allis.... They probably cost more then Simplicity's LOL :D:D

MPH
Thanks guys, now that I know there is a bolt under the foam guess I'll try to dig for it, wow, I just burnt water, heating for a cup of tea before I go to the shop, anyway, dig for it after I get the ole dodge checked out for a trip to Anchorage in the morning to fight with the Bismark. Thanks.. MPH

schaefer72
hi - here is a link to a seat similar to the originals for only $20 bucks - i thought about getting one - looks like an easy way to replace the old ones without alot of time or $$$$ - - [img]http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/174992_lg.jpg[/img] http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&langId=-1&catalogId=4006970&PHOTOS=on&TEST=Y&productId=403691&categoryId=154

mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
quote:
Originally posted by PatRarick
. Not sure what they are used for on Deere, but I got four of them in a box of NOS 110 Deere parts. Same size bolts, but a slightly SMALLER rubber diameter. Both the MF and Deere part numbers are good as yet. Will post the Deere part number this evening when I come in from the shop. Pat
What use Green parts on a Simplicty or Allis.... They probably cost more then Simplicity's LOL :D:D
I doubt the MF ones are any cheaper also....

rokon2813
For a quick fix just a long bolt all the way through with a couple rubber spacers between would do. Till you get the right ones anyway. Of course I'm assuming that sweatshirt cover is removable ;):D

mowerman1193
I wonder if you could make a bracket to mount it instead of drilling new holes...I was thinking of taking a couple seat tracks from a car and mounting them to the existing seat holes in the seat deck then mounting the seat to these...this way you would have a adjustable seat too...I think there is a DIY write up on this on simpletractors web site....You could even load it with a power seat,LOL

MPH
Well, I pulled the sweatshirt up last night, cut a slit in the foam and found the bolts. Iea, they been there since '63/64. Soakinking in AreoKroil now, might need to get a fire tourch to them but I hate to wreck the foam, first tractor I've had that had any OEM left of the seat. Time...... MPH

mbrook
I purchased the pan seat from Northern Tool. I also had a friend fabricate a mounting plate for it. The only problem I have with the seat is the first one I got had three small tears in it. So I called Northern Tool and explained the problem. They said throw out the seat and they will ship another at no cost. I recieved the second seat which also had some tears in it. I called Northern again and explained the problem about the first and second seat I recieved. They said sorry and offered me a third seat at no cost. I refused the third seat and got my money back. The only thing I paid for was shipping on one seat. These seats are also avaible at TSC with a different type of fabric on it, it seams alot heavier than Northern Tools fabric. The cost at TSC was $29.99 I think. When I finally get around to refurbishing my 3212V I think I'll get a seat from TSC, that way I can inspect it before I buy it. BTW, The pan seat is a complete seat with mounting hardware.