Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord seat repair ideas needed

MPH

The two front rubber mounts on my Landlord are torn loose. I can see they are bolted to the seat/fender pan but how are they mounted to the seat? What makes a good auto parts available replacement? The foam is still in pretty good shape on the seat though the cover is long since frozen into rags, an old sweatshirt fixed that. Thanks for any ideas.. MPH

I'm not positive, but I think they are glued on. Seems to me there was a post about this not long ago but I can't find it. As far as the seat cover, someone has been selling them on eBay recently for around $25.00. They look pretty good.

Marty There is a bolt on both ends of the rubbers. I believe they are still available. I got some last summer from Sandy Lakes Imp. These are some of the part#'s part# 159083, Part# 159085, Part# 157094 or Part# 1666744 connector cushion.

I just won the seat cover on ebay. The rubber mounts might be found in McMasterCarr. I was thinking about trying to reupholster the seat using the seat cover.

The rubber mounts are all over, if you know where to look. For example, MF or Snapper used these as engine mounts in the 1655 and 1855 tractors. Same size bolts, but slightly larger rubber diameter. Not sure what they are used for on Deere, but I got four of them in a box of NOS 110 Deere parts. Same size bolts, but a slightly SMALLER rubber diameter. Both the MF and Deere part numbers are good as yet. Will post the Deere part number this evening when I come in from the shop. Pat

quote:
Originally posted by PatRarick
. Not sure what they are used for on Deere, but I got four of them in a box of NOS 110 Deere parts. Same size bolts, but a slightly SMALLER rubber diameter. Both the MF and Deere part numbers are good as yet. Will post the Deere part number this evening when I come in from the shop. Pat
What use Green parts on a Simplicty or Allis.... They probably cost more then Simplicity's LOL :D:D

Thanks guys, now that I know there is a bolt under the foam guess I'll try to dig for it, wow, I just burnt water, heating for a cup of tea before I go to the shop, anyway, dig for it after I get the ole dodge checked out for a trip to Anchorage in the morning to fight with the Bismark. Thanks.. MPH

hi - here is a link to a seat similar to the originals for only $20 bucks - i thought about getting one - looks like an easy way to replace the old ones without alot of time or $$$$ - - [img]http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/174992_lg.jpg[/img] http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&langId=-1&catalogId=4006970&PHOTOS=on&TEST=Y&productId=403691&categoryId=154

quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
quote:
Originally posted by PatRarick
. Not sure what they are used for on Deere, but I got four of them in a box of NOS 110 Deere parts. Same size bolts, but a slightly SMALLER rubber diameter. Both the MF and Deere part numbers are good as yet. Will post the Deere part number this evening when I come in from the shop. Pat
What use Green parts on a Simplicty or Allis.... They probably cost more then Simplicity's LOL :D:D
I doubt the MF ones are any cheaper also....

Marty,I think thats a complete seat...I know Northern Tool has them in their catalog for 19.99... http://www.northerntool.com/

hi - it appears to come with the pan and all ? - the info tells that the pan is metal and has dimensions - but i guess someone would have to call and ask for sure -

For a quick fix just a long bolt all the way through with a couple rubber spacers between would do. Till you get the right ones anyway. Of course I'm assuming that sweatshirt cover is removable ;):D

Hmmm.. that seat looks interesting. I'll have to measaure and see if it fits, if this reupholster idea doesn't work. Thanks for the post guys!

I have bought a seat like that for my yeoman and it fits great.Butyou will have to drill two new holes in the center of your fender pan to mount it.

I wonder if you could make a bracket to mount it instead of drilling new holes...I was thinking of taking a couple seat tracks from a car and mounting them to the existing seat holes in the seat deck then mounting the seat to these...this way you would have a adjustable seat too...I think there is a DIY write up on this on simpletractors web site....You could even load it with a power seat,LOL

Well, I pulled the sweatshirt up last night, cut a slit in the foam and found the bolts. Iea, they been there since '63/64. Soakinking in AreoKroil now, might need to get a fire tourch to them but I hate to wreck the foam, first tractor I've had that had any OEM left of the seat. Time...... MPH

Ksever had a seat just like that on his beauty up at Rhinelander last year. Maybe Kris will let us know how it's holding up. Steve

I also won a seat cover on e-bay for my other 637 and it is a perfect match for $25 The guy has two styles e=bays seller name is bat4kids if you look up that name you should find one

Here is a link to a seat cover on Ebay from bakt4kids http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2374805250&category=50377 Hope this helps

I purchased the pan seat from Northern Tool. I also had a friend fabricate a mounting plate for it. The only problem I have with the seat is the first one I got had three small tears in it. So I called Northern Tool and explained the problem. They said throw out the seat and they will ship another at no cost. I recieved the second seat which also had some tears in it. I called Northern again and explained the problem about the first and second seat I recieved. They said sorry and offered me a third seat at no cost. I refused the third seat and got my money back. The only thing I paid for was shipping on one seat. These seats are also avaible at TSC with a different type of fabric on it, it seams alot heavier than Northern Tools fabric. The cost at TSC was $29.99 I think. When I finally get around to refurbishing my 3212V I think I'll get a seat from TSC, that way I can inspect it before I buy it. BTW, The pan seat is a complete seat with mounting hardware.