Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
WNC

A model "W" at work

Karl_Brandt
Nice Simplicity W tractor Bill. Last year I used my Simplicity VA [5hp]with the same snowblower and two sets of wheel weights.Handles snow very good,not running this year due to bad coil. Karl [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/winter/Image028.jpg[/img]

MPH
Thats what I need for my circle driveway, bet the wheels don't ride up on the snow bank like the tractor does..Got a few piece of one, tiller, now used on 725, tranny and handle bars at an auction for 5 bucks. Not enough to build one outta with no spare missing parts.. MPH

mowerman1193
Those things are so interesting to me...I have only seen a handful of them and never seen one run...Is that blower on it the same as a Broadmoor blower?Sure looks like it to me... If I ever find a deal on one of those old WB's I just might have to try one...

thedaddycat
The blower(or Rotary Snow Plow as they were called) is the same as the one that was adapted to the garden tractors and is commonly called a three belt blower. Since the engine of the walking tractors mounts sideways, there is just a belt driving the blower directly. if you look at a three belt blower you'll see that the drive pulley is mounted offset to the left of center where as the single belt blower has the drive pulley dead center.

mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
The blower(or Rotary Snow Plow as they were called) is the same as the one that was adapted to the garden tractors and is commonly called a three belt blower. Since the engine of the walking tractors mounts sideways, there is just a belt driving the blower directly. if you look at a three belt blower you'll see that the drive pulley is mounted offset to the left of center where as the single belt blower has the drive pulley dead center.
Now that you mention this I recall reading about it not long ago...Shows how good my memory is,LOL