Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
john-holcomb

Guys Help me out !!

john-holcomb
I have a very straight B-10 with a 42 inch deck, chains, rear lift, and front blade. Its painted orange but the tin is just super and it runs like a top, no smoke, new battery, new drive belt. Am I asking too much at $400 for everything. It seams like a deal to me and I hate to part it out but no one seams to want it. What do I do?

johnerj
John, why not keep it? Seams like a good price to me. Might not be the right time of year to sell, so if you can wait till spring time you probably won't have a problem selling it. Maybe start off selling the blade, hitch and chains now, then sell the tractor in the spring. John

Allis_B12
It depends on where you live. If you have plenty of these tractors around your area, you may have to lower the price, especially since it is orange. If you live in an area where these are sought after, you could easily get $400 for it, orange and all. A solid engine should be worth half that. If I were in the market for it, I'd probably consider it a fair deal.

John, I'd like to have an older tractor for my collection, but I will be in trouble if I bought another tractor this immediate few weeks. Michael G. P.S. If we could figure out a way to ship it or exchange it at a show, I might be able to find a home in a few weeks/few short months.

Bunky
quote:
Originally posted by Allis_B12
It depends on where you live. If you have plenty of these tractors around your area, you may have to lower the price, especially since it is orange. If you live in an area where these are sought after, you could easily get $400 for it, orange and all. A solid engine should be worth half that.
I think this hit's the nail on the head.. around here Mowerman and I have found good running tractors with attachments for $200-$300 but in other area's out east and west people give more for them because there not so plentiful...