Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Question/s re: Baggers for Regent

Hi, The price is normal, bagggers aren't cheap in other quality lines either. The baggers work well and if you are doing leaves tend to reduce the volume. The Turbo system is the ultimate way to go. No bagger works well in wet grass, so keep that in mind. The kit will also have a new set of blades that help blow the grass up the chute. We have customers that use them just to mow because they throw the grass so well. Good luck, Al

Just bought a slightly used Regent in excellent condition, from a private party. I'm interested in getting a bagger for it. My local dealer (in Medford, Oregon) told me that the Bagging System/Kit which Simplicity makes for the Regent will cost me $410... This price seems high to me, but I'm unfamiliar with either Simplicity dealers or their pricing practices (especially out on the West Coast, where Simplicity dealers are far and few between). So here are my questions: * Is this a reasonable price? * Do I have any alternatives? (I've posted an Ad in the Wanted section, but my guess is I'm not going to find any Regent baggers sitting around...) * How do so-called Lawn Sweepers (pull behind models) compare, realistically, with Simplicity's baggers? Thanks for the info. -- Miguel Tejada-Flores Talent, Oregon