Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

classified pics

toad270

Does anyone else think we could use more pictures in the classified ads? I always like to look at them and it might help in the sale of an item.

I don’t use these classified ads too often. The lack of pictures is only one reason. How about a price? How about a full and complete description? What has really bothered me is when someone wants to sell something for $100, but when I have agreed to pay the $100, the seller wants to wait for other higher offers. If sellers want to have an auction, they should post on eBay. eBay is the way I prefer to buy and sell.

quote:
Originally posted by dutch
I don’t use these classified ads too often. The lack of pictures is only one reason. How about a price? How about a full and complete description? What has really bothered me is when someone wants to sell something for $100, but when I have agreed to pay the $100, the seller wants to wait for other higher offers. If sellers want to have an auction, they should post on eBay. eBay is the way I prefer to buy and sell.
I agree Dutch... I also hate it when someone wants me to give them a offer...To me thats stupid because I will make an offer all right and it will be under $1..If you have something for sale you have some kind of idea what you need for it... I also like to see the pictures in the ads on here...

I agree A picture ad sells better then a text ad.... also i don't have problems with prices if there's a then that's what i pay I haven't had any problem with people waiting for a higher bid at least yet...

I agree. Picture(s), good description, and price. If it's what I'm looking for (parts tractor, usable as-is working tractor, collector's pristine show tractor) and sounds reasonable, I'd contact the seller. Without these three, I don't know if it is what I'm looking for, or could afford. I believe these three pieces of information will help the seller better target potential buyers. /r David

I think a picture and a price should be required if anyone wants to post. I get tired of reading things like: "shield for B112 tractor, make offer". First of all, I don't know what it is. Second of all, if I know what it was, how would I know the condition so that I could figure out what it is worth? I guess the people who write these ADs know what they are selling, and we are all supposed to read their minds so we can figure out if we want to buy their items. My philosophy: "No picture, No Price, No interest on my part".

Yes, I agree completely, pictures make buying and selling easier, and help the buyer determine if the piece is worth the price. If only I could figure out how to put pictures in when I need to. But right now, I don't have anything to sell, so thats not neccessary now.

Just press the red link ..... and before you know it there is a picture in the add...:p [img]/club2/attach/tue/picclas.jpg[/img] One of the tings, on my long wish list, is a feature for only showing the add’s who has a picture .... But that’s far out in the future, currently there is more pressing things that needs to be fixed:D.

Yes, why put pics avaliable, when you can post a picture anyways? I dont care to look into ads without a picture.