Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

pictures

toad270

can anyone give me step by step instruction on how to resize pics in picture it with windows xp? it keeps saying my file is too large but in picture it it doesn't tell how big your file is.

In Windows XP, when viewing lists of files in folders (you're actually using Windows Explorer), right click anywhere on the right side of the screen where the files and folders appear. Select View >> Details. It will provide a list of those same files showing when they were created, their size, the type of program that created them, etc. Just to clarify, there is a difference between screen size and file size -- and there isn't necessarily a direct relationship between the two. Don't confuse physical size of the file, measured in bytes or kilobytes, with the dimensions of the picture, measured in pixels (i.e. dots on the screen). As Maynard said, 640 X 480 is good dimension to show up in these forums, since it won't force scrollbars to appear. However, 640 X 480 may not ALWAYS give you a file size small enough to upload within the 100KB limit that I have set on the server.... You may need to compress that file. Some graphics programs do that automatically, some do not. Some allow you to adjust how much you compress the file. See some of the links in the Resources >> Links >> Miscellaneous section for more info on graphics file formats, free online compression tools, free graphics programs that'll resize or compress them, etc. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/Portal_Links.asp?catid=16&cattitle=