Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Seaton663

The new guy is buying a B-10, needs atchmnts

Seaton663
I'm totally new to the tractor world but I've got about an 1 3/4 acres of property that needs to be tilled, raked, planted, landscaped etc etc. I'm buying an Allis Chalmers B-10 tractor with a rototiller atch which is great for starters, but I live on a glacial till and I have rocks rocks rocks. Where can I find a decent supplier in the Tacoma WA area for a rock rake (York rake?) and also a mower atch for my new machine? Any suggestions for a first time tractor guy?

tractormike
Welcome to the club! I think you have a good tractor to start with and this is THE PLACE to be to find out about your tractor. I'm in Wisconsin so I can not help you with local suppliers, but if you post what all you are looking for there is probably someone here who could help you out. I have 5 of the B series tractors to work on but I don't have many attachments for them. Good luck with your projects and post a picture of your tractor if you can.

HubbardRA
Steve, Check with Dan (rokon2813) or Kirk (Daddycat). Both of these guys had several mowers for sale recently. You can PM them directly if you are a member. I don't know if that feature works for a non-member. Best bet is pay the $10 and become a member. Then you can take full advantage of all the features of this site. You will not regret it.

rokon2813
Mower decks arent too hard to find but shipping to Washinton form New York (me) or Conneticut (Kirk) would be more than the cost of the deck. There are a couple members out that way that may have some better hints for you. I think you can still buy a fairly cheap new York Rake.

hufhouse
Check with local rental outlets, too. I rented a York Rake cheap when I was putting in my 2 acres of grass. If you don't want to rent, they can at least give you a source where you can buy one.