Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers G "Spider"

Cathy Wood

I have a AC "G" Spider. I was told it was manufactured in 1948. I have had it completely restored by someone who knew what he was doing. What is it's value if I decided to sell it.

Value is determined by two things. (1) What you are willing to sell it for. (2) What an interested buyer is willing to pay for it. I could say it is worth $5000 dollars but I am not interested in buying it. If I was interested in buying it I would say it was worth $1500 dollars. If you were interested in selling it and had $6000 dollars in it what would you be willing to sell it for? It is very easy to have more invested in an item than that item will ever be worth. Unless you find someone that wants it real bad and money is no object.

looked in my quick reference guide for farm equipment it shows it is worth $1950.I would say it is worth a lot more than that but it says that a B1 is worth $1191 I know that the book is at least 5 years old so go from there.Bob

Location also makes a big play in price.. This also has been said.. But as maynard Says it's what the party will pay for it that counts... My inlaws have a great big motorhome the NADA book says it's worth $45,000, but everyone comes buy and says thats too much.... but the right person may come along and this be what he wants so he will pay the price... it all just depends in my opinion...

How much did you pay for it PLUS how much to cost to "restore"? I ususlly start at that number and so far have only had to sell for less than that one time.....and took a real beating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob: Re:
quote:
looked in my quick reference guide for farm equipment it shows it is worth $1950.I would say it is worth a lot more than that but it says that a B1 is worth $1191 I know that the book is at least 5 years old so go from there.Bob
I have a question. Do the Simplicity counterpart models to the Allis tractors have similarly high values in your guide? I was wondering. Now, I'm fuzzy on Allis, but isn't the B-1 the equivalent of the 725 Simplicity? If not, if you wouldn't mind, please post the value of whatever model IS the equivalent of the B-1. I'm just wondering if the Allis name causes those prices to be higher, because I can't see a 725 being priced at almost 1,200., w/o attachments or a big resto job. Just my .02, but I'm quite curious.... Thanks, Peter