Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow is falling AGAIN!! and snowthrower is waiting

ambler

Whats the minimum depth that you throw? I've been looking at lubricants for the impeler and shoot. I've bought some dry silicon spray (3M) to slick it up. Mercedes uses that on radio antennas. I've used dry teflon when I was building instruments, Has anyone used it? Its used in molds to prevent sticking and is available at grainger.

I blew as little as 1or2. Go faster and keep a little volume in it. No slickum on the shut,and wet snow and it still did great.

Frederick Maryland Snow Fleet 712S and 7112H.

4 to 5 inches last night. Played with the blower but I need more experience. Took out the Dozer 7112H. I added wheel weights and windshield washer to the wheels a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't stop its pushing.

Thats her boyfriend beside her. I tell you there's a world of difference with the hundred lbs. of weights per wheel and plowing. I just ordered the 7100 snowblower hitch set from Sandy Lake, have to install the electric lift and my latest find.

Got it a couple of weeks ago.

Been fixing some of the problems. Got the lights working and I'm trying to get the screw out of the steering wheel shaft. Looks like they put a machine screw in the set screw hole then sheared it off. I can't quite get a drill bit in it, but that engine is strong.

Joe did those picks turn out your wife took after I was loaded? If you can find them put them up. I'd like a copy as well. My email is amblert@verizon.net. I installed DSL last week, ain't life great. By the way, do you know where my digital camera went to? My 9 year old stuck it in her bag when I dropped her off for an overnight, just before I went up your way. Didn't do any good to rant and rave. She covets my toys. I found a close out at Sam's Club $130 for a Canon S330 and told the girls to let mine alone.

Ambler, Joe posted some pics of your load in this topic: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26188 Oh yeah, you and Joe were in the pics too.:D

I use the tractor with snow blower when we get over 4 inches of snow.^ Under 4 inches I use the tractor with snow blade.;) Send some snow up are way.;):D^ Karl [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/karl_brandt/Hpim0056.jpg[/img]

quote:
I've been looking at lubricants for the impeler and shoot. I've bought some dry silicon spray (3M) to slick it up. Mercedes uses that on radio antennas.
I do not use any lubricants on my snow blowers. Here is a picture of my Deutz-Allis 916H with snow cab. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/karl_brandt/Hpim0093.jpg[/img] Karl

Thanks Greg, I missed that post. Joe got off his sickbed, we loaded and had a cup of coffee before my slog back.

We just finally got about 3-4 inches friday So I got to play.. Not with the Blower but at least I got to play... I too use Pam cooking spray to lube the Blade and Chutes...

In 30 years of using a Simplicity blower, first on a 7016H then on my 7790 I have never used or had to use anything on my auger or chute.

I'm not shy about getting outside to play in an inch or two of snow. If there isn't enough volume to really blow, I turn off the PTO, and use the blower as a plow to make a good sized pile. Then I fire-up the blower again and let 'er have it! Sometimes you have to make your own fun ;)

quote:
Originally posted by AC917Hydro
I'm not shy about getting outside to play in an inch or two of snow. If there isn't enough volume to really blow, I turn off the PTO, and use the blower as a plow to make a good sized pile. Then I fire-up the blower again and let 'er have it! Sometimes you have to make your own fun ;)
:D:DI thought I was probably the only one to do that...:D:D

Ambler, You weren't to RT 94 before I had them posted!! Well mabey to the river. Can you grab them off here, or you still want me to send them? Karl, What's that green thing????? You been hanging around that silly Nubian?

Joe, I just didn't look there. Hey its snowing like crazy again. The Gods are kind. UCD its time for a little on the job training and I've got a lot to work with. Everyone else is complaining but this is a reason de etre.

Ambler, I sure hope that isn't firewood I think I'm seeing stored in that lastest find of yours. That could be grounds for legal confiscation...Glad to here your all getting the snow that left here still up in the clouds.. MPH