Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydro pulley and bgb bracket

rokon2813

Someone (Kent??) once said some of the later B's came from the factory with the hydro pulley installed on the engine, even if the tractor did not have hydro lift. Since you cant see in there to look, did these tractors also come with the bgb bracket on them too???

The 12HP engines came with correct pulley for driving the hydro pump, stock. I don't think they came with the bracket for mounting the rear of the lift cylinder, however. Those are in the "hard to find" category...

Thanks Kent. I didnt think it would be THAT easy but had to try.;) By the way did you see my classified for the bucket level indicator? Did the simps and A/Cs have one?

Dan, the hydraulic lift that I got last winter didn't have the rear bracket so I made my one out of steel, not OEM but it gets the job done.

Thanks Mike. I dont need one YET but I could do that. With the maesurements it looks pretty simple. I was asking for a customer.

Mike, Some measurements and specs on that could be VERY helpful. Many of the original brackets seem to have gone to the scrapyards, still on the tractors, even though the pump and lift cylinder may have been removed. There's a real shortage of them... Kent

I will try to get some measurements on it in a day or so. it is going to be a little tricky because it is on my B110 and kinda hard to get at to measure... Should have made a drawing before I put it on....:I

Thanks for the pictures! I may need one of those, I bought two hydrolifts recently. One I don't need, one I want on. I figured having an extra for a planned future tractor will not hurt. One came with a bracket, but the simple design that was shown is a good idea.

I went out and looked and I can barely see the bracket where it is mounted let alone get any measurements:(. So I could either take the dash assembly off and get measurements or make up another bracket for my B-212, then I would need another hydraulic lift to go with the bracket...;):D Either way I will get something worked up....

The Ark 700 loaders had a bucket leveling indicator that looked very much like your ad. I have made them up using square rod & square tubing for several loaders. Sure make it easier to tell when bucket is level. StanD

Thanks Stan, but its not mine anymore. ;) Rob may want a little advice on mounting it when he gets it though. :D