Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Can I still send in my dues????????????

Jason

Hi I have been busy lately, and I completely forgot to pay my dues by the 15 of January. Is it possible that I can still send my dues in my mail or do I have to wait until next year now? I was going to pay my dues before the 15th but it just sliped my mind and I totaly forgot. I totaly understand if you won't accept dues any longer and I will wait until next year to send in my dues. Thanks, next year I will try not to forget. Jason

You are a bad, bad, boy! I predict that the first lawn you mow this year that you'll hit a rock and ruin a mower blade. That rock will fly and break a neighbor's picture window. OK, you can send your dues, now. Better hurry, to get in on the FREE DAY (Feb. 29). Have a nice day!

quote:
Originally posted by FrankieC
You are a bad, bad, boy! I predict that the first lawn you mow this year that you'll hit a rock and ruin a mower blade. That rock will fly and break a neighbor's picture window. OK, you can send your dues, now. Better hurry, to get in on the FREE DAY (Feb. 29). Have a nice day!
:DOf course you can and hurry maybe that prediction want come true.;)Frankie is a bit of a clown:o)Welcome Aboard.

Well, I better send my check in as soon as possible, if I don't want to miss anything then, hopefully I will be able to mail it in on Monday, if all goes well! Can't wait until I am a full member, and I take it that frankie is joking about that prediction.In any case I have bagger on my tractor, so stones can't fly up and hit the window ha..ha..ha.. Take Care Jason

Don't worry J, Just send'em in. I just sent mine in. We probably won't get credited till mid-Feb. '04 from what Kris says-w/the 2 week delay after his reception, (being forwarded to someone else once a week, then finally being recorded in the system). So, I guess they'll be due again mid-Feb '05. Understand, new members hopefully may be joining every month, they don't just find this site once a year. Kind of like magazine subscriptions etc., that run year to year, month to month, based on what month you start. Look at it like this Jason. You and me, and everyone else that hasn't joined this club yet (even if they haven't heard of it yet,) and haven't sent in their dues yet, could possibly be seen by other club members as irresponsible "deadbeat" dolts-till we get our dues recorded. Kind of like Hester Prinn, in Nathaniel Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter." Instead of wearing a scarlet "A," for adultery, we'll wear a scarlet "D" for "deadbeat" or dolt. Besides, who would want to be a member of a club that would take in someone like us-being "late" and all, with our dues. Jason, I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, so I've nothing to blame my irresponsible behavior on, except me. And buddy, there's no foregiveness in that. We're maybe lowlife scumbags, I guess, till those dues get recorded. If we get kicked out cause we're human, and engaged in irresponsible, "deadbead," late-dues-paying-behavior, so be it, there's nothing we can do about it. Then we've learned, "the road to h*** is paved with good intentions."

'Lord Tunderin' Jason With Oat a Doat You may be waiting a long time to get that full membership. That Canadian mail is mighty slow going to the US eh?. :( You may be mowing grass by the time the check gets there. I would hate to see that prediction come true or even partially true eh! :o) Kidding :D

Get them dues in boys, times a wastin...[:0];) Andy, Hope those dues go racing through the mail, it's been kinda quiet in the forums without you....:o);):D:D BTW say hi to Andy for me.

quote:
Originally posted by Tue
I only want to say one word : PayPal
Not to change the topic, but I learned just the other day that PayPal is owned by eBay. I heard it's one of their most profitable entities. Ebay's also coining cash. Can anyone say

Cash Cow

??? Tacey

Ya, Paypal's great for those who use it. A friend of mine used to use it, and sometime latter, charges come thru on his credit card from Russia. I prefer old fashioned methods myself. But that's what makes the world go round...each to his own. I've sent cash to Australia with nary a problem. At an old tractor site that cherishes tractors from the 50's and 60's, it just seems right doing things the old fashioned way, and using regular mail. Paypal's almost an anachronism here.

Darn baggers! There goes my fortune telling career on the first try! Hi, Andy! Hi, Andy! :o) (Class of '67, how'd ya know, S?)