Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Your Favourite Simplicity tractor of all time?

Jason

:)Hi I would like to know what your two favourite simplicity lawn or garden tractors of all time are. My Two would have to be the 1974 Allis -Chalmers 620 Garden tractor, the reason I like it, is because I like the looks of it, and it has fenders to rest your arms on..he..he..he:o) I also like it because it has power steering and a little three point hitch. My other favourite tractor would be the big Simplicity Sunstar tractor. I like it because it is easy to operate and having power steering doesn't hurt either;). Also I like the looks of the Sunstar and it has plenty of power when blowing snow. I own an Agco Allis 1920H which is an Sunstar at heart and just distributed to Agco Allis as a Garden Tractor. I am interested to know what your favourite Simplicity tractors are of all time. Take Care Jason

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nubian

• quantico

• andy gartner

• ehertzfeld

I like the looks of the B 10 the best. But there a pain to work on if you need to take the dash out to work on hydrolift. The 917H and my Prestige I like because everything is easy to get to from underneath and the hood swings open. RayS

I agree re the AC 620 /720 (or Powermax equiv.). These tractors are a step above the (DOH) garden variety. Lots of room for a big guy to sit & stretch, tons of power, big fenders, lots of equipment options, just a real nice machine. Steve

Still like my 728. Haven't had a Lamdlord or Soverign yet to compare it to, but am ever hopeful of finding one. Also have a 6216, 707, 5008 and a 4211H.

As far as looks go, it's hard to top the 620/720 they are rugged and intimidating. As far as practicality goes,how do you top a big powerful hydro with a 20hp Kohler Magnum engine w/power steering that uses shaft driven attachments and also has the same cat 0 hitch as a 620/720 or 4040/4041 or a 9020. Thus IMHO considering looks,power,versatility ease of use etc... etc.... and the winner is the Deutz-Allis 1920 Ultima ;)aka Simplicty Sunstar :I aka Agco 1920H :D

I would also agree with the 620/720. Styling resembles their big brothers out on the farm.However,for practicality,I like the AC 700 series. I've got a 712H,but any of the 700's(710 thru 718) do it for me.

I gotta go with my B110 (Alice):)

Because it just fits and sits right I spent the most time running a B110 Also stuff for it interchange with my B10 (Ralph) deck,snowblade,snowblower and also drivetrain parts too. [img]/club2/attach/jkmustang1/B10LOADRIGHT.jpg[/img] Alice is going to look a bit diffrent for this year I got a stock type seat that will need new pads and parts from yellowbeeB) And a stock steering wheel has replaced the gocart one:) Got a keyswitch installed too so the hole in the dash is now filled and you need a key to run it. I feel a little better about leaving it to check out other things at shows;)

My limited experience with simple tractors consists of using a 7117H and my B-12. I've never driven a Powr'Max series, but I have used tractors that are about that size. The round hood B series and the Simplicity equivalents are my favorites, and not simply because I own one. The Briggs are easy on gas, torquey, and very reliable if you keep them well maintained and full of oil. I've never needed more than 12 horsepower to get the job done. There aren't any complex hydraulic or electrical systems on the early tractors. I'm quite happy with no power steering, manual lift, belt drive, and, most importantly, no running boards. ;) If you look closely at a roundhood B, and ignore the lift handle, it looks like a streamlined farm tractor from about 50 or more years ago. The B series are not really butch or tough looking, but they are graceful and handsome. Banana yellow is also something that attracts stares and contributes to the appearance of the tractor. Despite a few of their shortcomings, like a smallish mower deck and weaker axles, I prefer the early tractors. Comfortable, strong, and simple, they'll keep working for another 35 or 40 years with a little TLC.

My favourite is my good ole' 416:D Plenty of power, looks good, pretty easy on gas, decent to work on, and has electric lift& clutch. My second would be my newly converted 310:D:D

Sovereign!!! 7120H with 20hp magnum for mowing at high speed and 7112H for plowing. Just learning the shuttle and going to rebuild engine in a 7112 six speed. I also like my 3416H. I've got a variable coming and a 2016. I'll let you know how they stack up.

My favourite Simplicity garden tractor is the Sovereign,Baron,Landlord series tractors.:D8D My favourite Allis Chalmers garden tractors are the B series,700 series,900 series.:D8D Karl

There you instagating :pJoeJ I take offense to that :D when you say green people tend to think of you know. I like to call it Deutz Green ;) Ahhhh! now I feel much better

Well I would have to Say of my favorite of the Tractors I have owned would be my B112 and my favorite Simplicity is the 4040 or powermax Series....

I like any FDT but my favorite is probably an HB112. Second would pretty much be any of the Landlord/baron/Soveriegn/AC 700 series. I like the broadmoors too. Its hard to pick favorites.

I agree with Chris, it's tough to pick a favorite. But I guess i'd have to pick 2010/2012 series Landlords. My grandfather had one when I was a kid and I loved to ride it around the yard. Thats the big reason I bought my 2010. I'd also like to pick up a wobblestick Wonderboy, just because I think they are unusual.

My favorite would be one that is available. In doing research and browsing the news papers the fact is, The quality of these old machines is hard to find today. Because im not a farmer and never had a piece of ground to work on until i bought this house. and three 10 - 17 horse tractors on their last leg when i got them and the price of a throw away to repair them. Im looking at getting a new kubota because the 620's and 700's or B110 or any other allis or simplicity machines are hens teeth in my area. The product support on simplicty in is low here as well. The shops seen the chain stores out selling better equipment for the throw aways and quit carrying the tractors. They can get them but they don't order much for flooring. catalog buying is not a way for me to get the feel. The Kubota corp casts it's own engines i have a strong feeling they are the going to remain a big contender for the quality lawn and garden equipment. And they have a big foot print in my area. I have read about the grey market kubotas and those, have the name plates and all decals in Japanese they are also not supported in the USA. The Kubota parts are expensive. But longivity seems to be common on those parts. My apologies if this seems off topic or to wordy.

I guess Im a simple kinda guy, I have two landlord " witch are very fun to play with" but for some reason My 75 broadmoor is still my favorate. Maybe it's because it's my first. Not too sure. Elon [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/lights1.jpg[/img] Plow is now on my 64 landlord and a blower is noe in the front of it.

My preference isn't judged on only tractors that I have,because I have the sereies of A-C tractors from the B-1 up to the HB-212, a 410 and a 712h.So I'd have to say that my B-1 with a 10hp engine and duals is the best looking and the most fun to drive.All though my HB-112 with hydrolift is a close second,for conveniance reasons.Then there's the B-110,oh and the B-12 and the B-10,I guess I like them all.:D:D:D

I love the 64 Broadmoors. I've still yet to find one with the original motor and carb on it though. They are easy to work on, and I like the sleek look of them.

My personal preference is the 2012/B-12 round-hoods. Add the high/low, hydraulic lift, and right lift lever and that would be a fine, fine working machine with "classic" looks. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/b_series_images/ac_b-12.jpg[/img] Next in line would be the 10HP version of the same series tractors... and this one has all the goodies. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/b_series_images/big-ten1X1.jpg[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by simplicity707
I love the 64 Broadmoors. I've still yet to find one with the original motor and carb on it though. They are easy to work on, and I like the sleek look of them.
I just picked this one up last week. I belive it's a 64. Note the black dash! Matches my 64 landlord to a tee. It has the original engine and carb "dont know if it work yet". It also has the hi/low on it. Are you jelouse yet:D:D:D Caint wait to get started on restoring it. Elon [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/mess.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/mess2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/mess3.jpg[/img]