Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I'm getting my dues back .

nighteye

Anytime I have a question on one of my tractors, you can find me prowling around in the "search the forums" site. 95% of my questions have been asked before and have been answered and are still in the archives. I needed a fuel pump rebuild kit for an onan engine I have, and was about to order one at $32, when I found in the archives, a previous answer to someones question, and in that answer the man said that Onan and Kohler used the same pump sometimes. Sure enough, I can get the same kit for around $13. This saves me enough to pay my dues and maybe twelve pops. I love this place, Ken

I couldn't agree with you more Ken. There is so much information in previous posts - and if for some reason you can't find what you need a new post will certainly get you an answer. Money very well spent!!!

This boasrd is the most responsive board that I'm on. On the Cub boards you ask a question and get mayby one reply. With this board you get a directy answer and normally pictures. It's great.

I have to agree with clyde and wasmeneh It is a great club and forums are very responsive.. and the info you get on here for $10 a year is very cheap....

quote:
Originally posted by wasmeneh
This boasrd is the most responsive board that I'm on. On the Cub boards you ask a question and get mayby one reply. With this board you get a directy answer and normally pictures. It's great.
I like to think Osama bin Laden is partly responsible for this board (club) being as active as it is. Prior to 9/11 discussions on this board was just about limited to tractors. As a result of 9/11, other topics started to be discussed, the Coffee Shop evolved, and those coming online started to form a "family." I think many people coming here sense this "family" atmosphere and visit the Coffee Shop to keep up to date on "family" arguments and conflicts. While here, people may even post some info about tractors.;) It's vicious cycle, and the club keeps growing.:D So, just before we hang bin Laden we should thank the SOB for what he has done to help build this club.}:)

Interesting perspective, Dutch, and I don't disagree, as much as I hate to give him credit... [img]http://www.magicmushroom.org.uk/forum/uploaded/Kent/toilet_paper.jpg[/img] We've certainly come a long way since those early complaints of "NT -- non-tractor" posts, haven't we... ?

I too agree, and remember the up roar about the NT posts!! Wow, seems long ago. But I really don't think he should hang!! As Saddam should have been too, he should be shot in the hole he's living in, then the hole sealed up! I feel Saddam should be tried over there. If done here, our lovely civil liberties union will tie it up sooooo long that he will pass on for acute old age!! Over there justice will be swift and final!! There for, I vote, "Shot while trying to excape" done deal with them both.

quote:
Originally posted by wasmeneh
You mean there is enough interest in cub-cadets to have a forum?:D

Not like this forum, but I saw a rusted up hulk of an "Original" go for good money on Ebay when a couple of good looking Simplicities didn't get a bid. I wish more of the older models, Simplicity/AC were down south most up for sale are in the "motherland" (Wis.) Mike

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Have to agree with you both Herb and Kent. Saw that TP here firstMPH
I agree with you as well...