Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Case backhoe loader garden tractor

samson

Has anyone ever heard of or seen a mini case backhoe? Probably made in the 80s Its no bigger than a B12. I may have chance to pick it up, but have never seen or heard of one. going on line produced no results. Any help will be appreciated.

There were Case garden tractors (as in Colt - Case - Ingersoll). Someone could have installed a backhoe on one of them (maybe even the factory?). The J.I. Case company (larger stuff) made some very small equipment. There's a very small J.I. Case crawler in a local junkyard that I keep looking at. It's not much larger than a garden tractor, but it's a "real" piece of equipment.

I know a person with one, the rear loader support and the dash support is all heavy metal made together the loader is a perament item on the tractor. The phone co. hear had one with a back hoe on it the sub frame was under slung with counter weights, much like the TERAMITE loader backhoe that they have now and like better.

Roger here are the current Ingersoll models. They is made in Winneconne, west of Oshkosh. They produced garden tractors for Case for a while. When Case IH got swallowed up by New Holland, I sort of lost track. http://www.ingersoll-inc.com/index.htm

The machine you are talking about could be a Case model 646 or 648. Same basic machines, only one had a 16hp onan and the other had a 18hp onan. They came with either a loader or a loader & backhoe combination. The Case mower decks could be used with them also. We had a 646 in the family for awhile. Handy little machine. Jim........

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
I hadn't heard Case IH got bought out by NH. Is that something recent?
Buyout might not be the right word, however the corporation is now Case New Holland and I think the home office is Amsterdam. It happened in 1999.