Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
72ac410

part missing,help

rjgoth
No there is not anything that you can spray on your points to keep moisture out. The points system is a very delecate system from the stand point that it "times" when the spark is delivered to the spark plug. This system was never designed to be exposed to the elements, thus the points cover is placed over it. I would suggest trying to get a new one from a briggs dealer or perhaps one of the members has a spare that you might borrow or purchase. BTW If you do happen to run the engine in the snow without the points cover; let us know how it works out for you. Good luck, Ryan

72ac410
well i ran it last week when we had about 2 inches.it did well but i pointed the snow to the right.we put the cover on when we adjusted the points when it didn't run and it wouldn't start.took cover off it started.

rjgoth
I doubt that the points cover is the problem causing the engine not to run. Rather I would suspect a wiring problem where a wire is grounding out causing the engine not to run. I think if you ask anybody they would advise NOT running your engine with the points cover off. That my advise anyway Ryan

MPH
It is possible your point cover is pinching a wire or something is routed just slighlty off and grounding to the cover. Not sure what engine you're dealing with, but best case, running with the point cover your on borrowed time before you ground out.. MPH

Kent
I've had a couple of cases where the wire would ground out, going through the points cover. Try wrapping some electrical tape around it, where it goes through the cover...

nighteye
Would that be a Kohler 10 horse in there. If so, I may have one on a junk block out in the shed. The only problem would be, it would be Cub cadet yellow. May not run as nice as a simplicty if you put that color on.;) Let me know if I can help you. Ken

ehertzfeld
quote:
Originally posted by nighteye
Would that be a Kohler 10 horse in there. If so, I may have one on a junk block out in the shed. The only problem would be, it would be Cub cadet yellow. May not run as nice as a simplicty if you put that color on.;) Let me know if I can help you. Ken
Did the 3310v come with a Kohler? I kinda thought it was a Briggs. It's been too cold out to give it a good look over. But I do know the carb is just like the one on my 64 Landlord. I know that one is a briggs. Elon

72ac410
blew snow today and no problem yet.now i think the carb needs cleaned and i may need a new starter for my deutz allis 1918.anyone ever buy a starter for deutz or sunstar.starter is for a 18 hp kohler.