Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
HubbardRA

Followup: AC716H w/Sears Blower

HubbardRA
Got enough snow today to try out the Sears snowblower that I got from Dan. I still haven't fabricated the runners for the brackets that Kirk sent me, so I had to hold it off the ground with the lift lever.

My son started to take a picture just as I turned toward him.

Another shot.

It was getting a little dark, so the pictures don't show much color. Doesn't help to have a mostly black tractor. Honestly, I am planning to return it to its original orange color when I get some time.

lboy1971
How'd you drive the blower? Isn't that blower setup for a sideways mounted engine? Someone was talking about mounting a Sears blower on the back of a simplicity. How'd that one go?

Dutch
quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
It was getting a little dark, so the pictures don't show much color.
The photos make that snow look white........ same as the snow we get here. What color is it? Nice job Rod. Seeing and "feeling" snow blast out the chute is indeed a reward for your efforts. Isn't it?

HubbardRA
Chris, That is a Sears Suburban that I am going to build a forklift for. Yes those are 26x12x12 tires on it. Lboy1971, Check out this previous post. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26221 MPH, I was going to convert the lift on the blower to hook up to the lift on the tractor. Just haven't had the time yet. May not even do it if the runners do the trick. There is enough leverage on the Sears lift. It just sits a little too far forward, but I can deal with that if I don't have to hold it off the ground to plow. Still got a lot of little tweaks to make to the overall setup to make it work comfortably and reliably. Have to modify the parallel link lift to a single link like the Simplicity attachments. When I lift the blower it tightens the belt. Need to make it loosten when lifted. A minor modification.

HubbardRA
Yesterday, I converted the lift mechanism from parallel link to single pivot. Now when you lift the blower it swings toward the tractor and disengages the belt. I like that. Belt is good and tight when on the ground, but can be released with the original clutch rod. Also installed runners on the blower. Added chains to the tractor and installed 120 lb of weight on the rear of the tractor. IT IS READY FOR SNOW!!!!