Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Blowin' Snow

PhanDad

The latest modifications to the belt guides is working great so far. Did 6 driveways today without a belt "hop-off" or failure.

However, the snow was only about 2" deep, and very dry. The true test will come with a heavy wet snow.

Bill is that the old blower with different pulley and you were having trouble with guides. I was going to do a similar thing. Why not use a shorter belt an keep the old guides. looks good though.

Ambler, Yes, this is the old blower on a newer Sovereign. With the electric PTO pulley being bigger in diameter than the stock pulley that came with the snowthrower, a bigger pulley is required on the snowthrower to prevent overspeeding the thrower. Hence the thrower belt guide is too small. I have heard of someone using the stock pulleys and having "direct drive" - no clutch since the old clutch mechanism won't fit on the newer Sovereigns with extended frame. I want a clutch mechanism.

I agree looks fun to me!!! The snow is coming down pretty good right now and they are saying up to 10" by midnight tonight.... Too bad the belt broke on the Landlord Blower...only tractor I have with the cab...and only bigger tractor I have ready for the snow...My little Broadmoor with blower will handle it though...

Looks like fun,I also had the Deutz-Allis tractor with cab and snow blower out this morning to clean the drive ways.;) Both neighbors had their farm tractors out cleaning snow. As I type it is snowing again,have more fun again.:D Karl

Well I got to use my blower the last 2 days and I didn't look anything like like you I looked like the abomable Snowman...:( I need another Cab bor my B112 or a Snowblower for my one of my RBT's

I got to use my blower and cab the last two days for mine and the neighbor's drives. Guy across the street on his farm tractor was all bundled up in his snowmobile suit and I didn't even have my heavy coat on.:D Those cabs sure are nice.:D

Cleared the 6 driveways again this AM, there was about 3" of heavier snow/sleet this time. The belt still looks new! Got nothing to complain about, except the wind blowin' some of the snow back on me today. Like other's have said, a cab sure is nice.