Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B112 snowthrower belt

TRAC TOR

I am going to need a new belt for the snow blower. It is a single belt blower that came with the B112. I have tried to find the info,but still not sure what to get. Thanks for any help!

Take you'r old belt and they can measure it to get you the right one to replace it even if it only breaks in one place and doesn't have any missing pieces.

I agree with Kent- get the Simplicity belt. I learned that lesson the hard way. The dealer will have the proper size for you. If you can't find one locally, try JJ Nemes site on Simpletractors page. He usually has them in stock and will ship anywhere.

I called the local Simplicity dealer,He said He needed a modle# and belt#. I asked if the info 1/2 by 56 would help, He said not at all. I told Him it is an AC,He said I should call an AC dealer, Now what? I would order one by mail however,I think I will need it tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by TRAC TOR
I called the local Simplicity dealer,He said He needed a modle# and belt#. I asked if the info 1/2 by 56 would help, He said not at all. I told Him it is an AC,He said I should call an AC dealer, Now what? I would order one by mail however,I think I will need it tonight.
Sounds like you need a new dealer, while you're at it... ;) The Simplicity part number is 106769, according to the handy/dandy belt reference at this link: http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/belts/belts_(pg6).htm Using that part number on either the Jack's Small Engine or Small Engine Parts Warehouse's Simplicity parts databases tells me that that part number has been superceded by 1721533. SEPW shows: 1721533 Simplicity V-BELT HA 56.10L $21.45 Jacks shows: 1721533 V BELT HA 5610L $19.49 or an aftermarket belt for $13.50 Again, IMO, spend the extra $$ for the Simplicity, or buy two aftermarkets while you're at it.... BTW, your B-112 is the same tractor as a 3012 Simplicity Sovereign... handy information for looking things up...

Thanks Kent, A new dealer would be great,it's just that this one is 5 minutes away. I called back, they didn't have the belt, said they would have to order it. If I am going to wait I rather use one of your referals. The weatherman has me worried, I'm going to get whatever I could find till then. Thanks Again!

I'm not sure if this applies to the older tractors, but my AC917H has the belt sizes, and part numbers listed for the common attachments under the hood of the tractor on a decal. I had "seen" a hundred times but never noticed it until someone pointed it out.:I