Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tragic Loss of Tractor Time

mongson

At my house, it was determined that paying someone 30.00 a pop to snow blow the driveway with a, gasp, crapsman blower. So that means that me and my tractor will have to sit inside on snowy days and look out the window longingly while some schmuck gets 30.00 richer and I get farther away from getting a blade or blower for my poor tractor. But I keep looking for an affordable blade and hitch. The quest continues. Peace out- CM.

Maybe you can do like I did. Found an old Wheel Horse blade. Price, "free". Some scrap metal and a little bit of welding. Works like a charm.

i finally found a blower for mine-but the money was a problem,checked with mother -in -law, see if she wanted to invest in the "project" and have her driveway done free just for lending a few bucks- short term-,same thing , rather pay a stranger $30.my walk behind is fine for my place,and a few nieghbors, so be it

Man this post is about to make me cry! But I total understand, I have complained for week and found a "free" blade and attachment. Well today in the worst blowin snowin day this year i went out to fech my "freebe". Ok the blade is a older dozer blade (off brand) and may be small (36"). But the mounting attachment I got was for a cub mower deck. Oh well now i have something to fabricate. Something to make u go HUMMMMM... "If it true that we are here to help other, then what exactly are the others here for."

Chris,what kind of blade do you need? For what tractor? I've got a blade that came with my 712,plus I've got two Cub blades,if you wanted to fabricate something. I'm in South Bend.If your interested,let me know,I could even meet you halfway to the Fort,in Warsaw some Saturday. If you think you could use a Cub blade,and fabricate something,I'll GIVE you one.:D Also,this ad was in "Peddlers Post" Snowblade for Simplicity Sovereign or 7100 series.$225.00 1(260)356-0717,or 359-2627 Same guy has a snowblower for the same tractors. Cant have people making money with Craftsmans......;)

Chris, A blade is a blade is a blade. I was going to suggest you look on eBay for any kind of blade for cheap. Or, I was going to suggest you visit a local scrap yard for a section out of an old hot water heater or some such curved metal. But, I see you already have an offer of a free blade. Can't get much better than that. Now all you need is a hitch. If I remember correctly, you have a late model Regent. Visit your local dealer, crawl under a few tractors with a tape measure and sketch pad to get some ideas. A home made hitch doesn't have to be identical to a factory rig. It just has to work. You can design your own hitch and fabricate one from metal available at Home Depot or Lowes. It doesn't even have to be welded. You can use a hand hacksaw, drill holes and bolt it together. Need a lift? Use a piece of rope for now. Sooner or later you will find an OEM setup. Just keep putting that $30 in a jar every time you plow your own driveway. Then you will have the $$$ when the right deal comes along. Bottom line is....... where there's a will there's a way.

quote:
Originally posted by mongson
At my house, it was determined that paying someone 30.00 a pop to snow blow the driveway with a, gasp, crapsman blower. So that means that me and my tractor will have to sit inside on snowy days and look out the window longingly while some schmuck gets 30.00 richer and I get farther away from getting a blade or blower for my poor tractor. But I keep looking for an affordable blade and hitch. The quest continues. Peace out- CM.
Sounds like that was a family decision. If so, you may need a family solution. Check out my story > http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26612 So, what's wrong with sitting inside where it's nice and warm?

Hey Mongson, What kind of tractor do you have now? Are you having problems finding a blade? Just think what $30 a pop could get you!!

Our living arangement is this. We have a big house. My mother in law is part of the family and a co resident of the house. She likes to help out where she can and does crazy things like drop $$$$ to fill the freezer with meat, buy new appliances to replace the servicable ones that don't look nice. Her new car that she bought was a 2004 Nissan quest so that we had a second minivan in the family to help cart he kids around. So when I say that "we" decided to have a guy do it for 30, I really mean that my mother in law, in her desire to be loving and nice and try to make my life a little less stressful hired this guy to come and clear the drive. I don't like to make much of a fuss about things that are minor. If I had already had a rig for snow it would never had been a thought. For those interested in my tractor, I have a 1997 Regent 14G that makes me glad I have a Simplicity. I did send a PM to goatfarmer about his offer. I hope that I can work something out with someone so that I can freeze my tail off on cold winter mornings while plowing driveways and walks.

I can identify with that. My mother-in-law is also loving and nice.... very kind too. So are my wife, my children, their husbands, their in-laws, and my grandchildern. We are just one big happy, loving and considerate family. Everyone has their say before we do anything. When there is that very rare disagreement, we vote. It's very democratic. Everyone votes. Even the small children. Then, to keep my life a little less stressful, we all do it my way.