Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How to tell the serial #

johnmonkey

Hello I just bought a 36" snow blower and a 32" tiller. (Thanks to Dan) Both of the implements don't have serial numbers on them. Question: How can I find out the serial number for these implements?? I need the hitch for the blower and a set of pulleys for the tiller. I have an AC 710. I also have a Monkey Wards gardenmark. Will the tiller fit on both tractors?? Thanks for any help. John H PS Dan the snow blade worked great on my gardenmark with the recent snow :)^

John, You are going to love the snowblower. Did you see the pictures that I posted of the 36 inch Sears blower that I got from Dan and mounted on my 716H? Much nicer than a blade, and no big piles of snow. You will probably need to find a hitch to match the tractor. I think the hitches were unique to the tractors, while the blowers were more generic. I don't think you will be able to use the tiller on both tractors. If I remember correctly, the ones for the Wards had a clutch attached to the tiller, while the 710 runs from the cone clutch on the mid PTO. Sorry that I don't know more about the serial numbers, but I haven't been able to locate a serial number on any of the attachments that I have. I wouldn't know the serial number of the sickle bar mower that I got from Roy if he hadn't told me what it was. I can't find one on the unit. Good luck with finding the correct mounting hardware. Let me know if you need help fabricating any of the hardware.

Thanks Rod, I guess I'll call Sandy Lake and see what they have. I did do a little blowing last year with my Bolens 1050 and it did worked great. It was the first dry snow we had and the snow just went flying. Most other attempts did not work because of it being too wet. Thanks for the reply, take care, John H